CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

About the TLK predictions, I think many here have lost their damn minds when it comes to that one. Truly never seen the board overpredict anything by that much. So many seem to think it will just fly past 600 DOM and 2b WW. I think 400/1.1b is more than good enough to set the goal post at. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I could the majority of them getting the ax unfortunately. I think most of those films are barely in production. 

I can see Ron Gone Wrong go to another studio like Paramount who originally had the deal for it or Disney distributes it since it’s not made under Fox Animation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

About the TLK predictions, I think many here have lost their damn minds when it comes to that one. Truly never seen the board overpredict anything by that much. So many seem to think it will just fly past 600 DOM and 2b WW. I think 400/1.1b is more than good enough to set the goal post at. 

I agree that some of the predictions are a bit nuts for it, but is it really unreasonable to expect it to act like BatB? It's an insanely popular property.

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Never doubt nostalgia besides non Star Wars wise, this has the best chance out of any Marvel/Disney/Pixar/remake to make $500M DOM

1 minute ago, ReyReyBattery said:

I agree that some of the predictions are a bit nuts for it, but is it really unreasonable to expect it to act like BatB? It's an insanely popular property.

To me BatB is to live action fairytales what Avengers is to CBMs or Shrek 2 was for so long to animation: a bar set incredibly high that will take a long time, if ever, to pass. Using it as a comparison for any future live action fairytale is unrealistic, imo. And I still believe people underestimate just how much that tapped into the YA Twilight audience, and how much that boosted it at the B.O. That's an audience that probably won't care much at all about TLK.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I can see Ron Gone Wrong go to another studio like Paramount who originally had the deal for it or Disney distributes it since it’s not made under Fox Animation. 

I can also see Bob's Burgers: The Movie getting made and having a small release, while the blue sky films basically end up in limbo in the future before they're basically quietly canned. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

That's really low.

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

To me BatB is to live action fairytales what Avengers is to CBMs or Shrek 2 was for so long to animation: a bar set incredibly high that will take a long time, if ever, to pass. Using it as a comparison for any future live action fairytale is unrealistic, imo. And I still believe people underestimate just how much that tapped into the YA Twilight audience, and how much that boosted it at the B.O. That's an audience that probably won't care much at all about TLK.

The Jungle Book did  $364/$966m

TLK did almost $100m domestic in it's 3D re-release in 2011. 

It dwarfs Beauty & The Beast in popularity.  It dwarfs Frozen.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Dunno man. People like cats. They're neat. I can't really think of any reason why a BatB fan would look at Lion King and say "nah fuck that."

Plus the Lion King was just on another level, box office wise. There's a lot of love for that movie out there. BatB is small fries compared to Lion King, imo.

• Like 1

I wanna mention this...

I love Wonder Woman so much. It's such a genuine film, and it's done wonders for women in the superhero genre, BUT...

Why have people forgotten what Katniss did? It's insane how she's being forgotten. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ReyReyBattery said:

Dunno man. People like cats. They're neat. I can't really think of any reason why a BatB fan would look at Lion King and say "nah fuck that."

Plus the Lion King was just on another level, box office wise. There's a lot of love for that movie out there.

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The Jungle Book did  $364/$966m

TLK did almost $100m domestic in it's 3D re-release in 2011. 

It dwarfs Beauty & The Beast in popularity.  It dwarfs Frozen.

2 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

There is absolutely no reason to think The Lion King wouldn't be more popular than BatB. When that first trailer drops, whew baby you're gonna see some hype.

Not to mention you know Beyoncé will definitely be a draw as well.