CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

6 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

My biggest fear is that Disney doesn't have positions for everyone at blue sky, and some people get fired. Hope I'm wrong though. My sister working for Disney could be neat. 

Yeah, Disney’s not gonna care about finding jobs for everyone. A bunch of people are gonna be losing out here, unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, mredman said:

pissing of the (fanboys) thats basically the fanbase and thats their core demographic.

Fanboys don't make up billions in box office.  The fanboys/trolls hitting the audience feedback are the smallest of minority.  

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, DARth DAR said:

250? 300?  Some of you must dream a little bigger

1 billion dollar ow candidates

SW Ep 15

Live action remake of 2035 Untitled Disney Animated film

Marvel vs DC

Fast and Furious in space trying to save Jurassic World dinos rehabilitated on a different planet.

5 minutes ago, Lor San Tele said:

Yeah, Disney’s not gonna care about finding jobs for everyone. A bunch of people are gonna be losing out here, unfortunately. 

Perhaps another studio without in-house animation like Paramount or Warner Bros buys it.

10 minutes ago, Lor San Tele said:

Some of them will end up at WDAS, and Pixar, but only just because of their qualifications.

14 minutes ago, Lor San Tele said:

Any chance Disney spins out Blue Sky to another studio/distributor?

15 minutes ago, Lor San Tele said:

I just hope it's nobody close to me. Gonna be unfortunate when a lot of people lose jobs though. It's one of the reasons why I wasn't entirely in support of the Disney / Fox merger to begin with. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

I just hope it's nobody close to me. Gonna be unfortunate when a lot of people lose jobs though. It's one of the reasons why I wasn't entirely in support of the Disney / Fox merger to begin with. 

B-B-B-B-But X-Men and F4 join the MCU and Disney won’t get bought Apple even though regardless they were too big to purchase before the acquisition. That’s what is important.

Spoiler

Sarcasm aside I hope things work out well for your family.

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Kinda surprising this thread hasnt even gotten to page 100...

Star Wars is doing about as well as anyone might have expected, only opening even better on Friday then people might have imagined. In some ways it's actually kinda boring weekend, especially compared to TFA's. 

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

B-B-B-B-But X-Men and F4 join the MCU and Disney won’t get bought Apple even though regardless they were too big to purchase before the acquisition. That’s what is important.

Hide contents

Sarcasm aside I hope things work out well for your family.

Companies swallowing other companies is always great for business and position growth as we've seen in the past.

Also thanks.