grim22

Thursday #s: TLJ 17.8M, Jumanji 7.55M, TGS 2.1M

10 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Wait is there a real chance this falls behind Jurassic World lol wtf 

I have it being at around 535-540 on New Years Day vs 507 for JW at the same point in its run. Of course JW was headed into 4th of July and deep summer weekdays while TLJ will be heading into regular January weekdays. I don’t see $150M left in the tank from Jan 2 on like JW had, but it should pass $650M with ease.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

What’s WW looking like? 

Gonna be close between TLJ and The Avengers/Furious 7 (about $1.52b), but if it really doesn't improve domestically next week and grosses somewhere around $650m in total, then it might not even make it past Ultron ($1.4b) if overseas disappoints similarly.

5 minutes ago, hw64 said:

Gonna be close between TLJ and The Avengers/Furious 7 (about $1.52b), but if it really doesn't improve domestically next week and grosses somewhere around $650m in total, then it might not even make it past Ultron ($1.4b) if overseas disappoints similarly.

Man ending up around AoU would be hilariously poetic 

• Like 3

I need to see weekend numbers to be sure but it looks like this is heading in the direction that many of us thought, which is that it IS a polarizing film, even to the GA.  And even more so with those who might have been willing to see the film 2 or more times.  

I was disappointed with the film upon my initial viewing and am seeing it a second time just to decide if I feel the same.  I thought there might be a strange amount of people who felt the same way and therefore the indecisiveness among fans might actually HELP it.  But as of right now it just looks like its going to be hit or miss for people, which is what some of us suspected from day one.

I can't see it falling below 650 with holiday multiplier but I certainly don't think 700 is a done deal.  This weekend and especially Monday/Tuesday should give us a really good indication as to what the fallout from WOM is and how big it is.

• Like 1

So let me make sure I understand something, and I'm not misunderstanding. Are people actually laughing at a box office run which will clear 600m domestically with ease?

Forget all other targets that I think this will personally hit.  I just want to make sure I understand that before commenting further.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Huh. I guess they're sexist, racist fanboy babies too? Always who you least suspect, ya know?

Lol weird how that’s the talking point when really TFA has a much bigger role for Finn like he was truly indisposable to the plot of that film while in this one.. he’s so inconsequential you gotta wonder why racists are even mad lol. 

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Man ending up around AoU would be hilariously poetic 

Did someone calculated how much AoU dropped from Avengers in the "traditionnal" market versus the growing one ? Domestic, UK, France, Germany, Japan, Australia etc...The market star wars is big in.

Avengers Ultron

Domestic : 623,357,910->459,005,868 

UK: 80,563,081 -> 76,623,201

Australia: 54,385,465->30,969,152

France: 37,765,919->34,270,887

Germany: 30,828,359->31,193,932

Japan: 45,256,010->26,373,434

Total top 6 star wars market hold for Ultron from Avengers: 872.12 -> 658.39, 75.5% hold

That type of hold would mean around 1551m for Last Jedi, could go lower.

MCU had a couple of nice advantage for it to sustain is box office, obviously bringing some new popular characther and growing popularity of some of the characthers in it. But also it achieved to enter into new and growing market like china, brazil, mexico, south korea way more ? Smaller legacy of previous title for those market to catchup with ? Felt more fresh and colorful if they watched the previous entry they missed ?