grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Why aren't more people mentioning The Post?  It's doing fucking insane.

edit: oh whoops i misread the 4-day as its 3-day number but regardless it's still doing well

Because it was a given that it was gonna be the only movie to potentially challenge Call Me by Your Name for the biggest PTA of the year.

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

As someone who was vaguely following The Lone Ranger's production around 2010. I do remember reading a lot of old articles mentioning Disney's concern with the budget ballooning / what they wanted was too big. Apparently it was listed as the main reason why Disney was so reluctant to greenlit the film in the first place, which of course makes sense. The producers still won out in the end, even if it backfired badly. 

And none of them have worked for Disney again in a full capacity (obviously Bruckheimer had a hand in Pirates 5). That was one time where the studio's unease about a budget was quite founded. Now granted you can see where every bit of the budget went on the screen lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

And none of them have worked for Disney again in a full capacity (obviously Bruckheimer had a hand in Pirates 5). That was one time where the studio's unease about a budget was quite founded. Now granted you can see where every bit of the budget went on the screen lol.

It's a good looking film visually, and the train sequence is still great. It's biggest problem is that it's way too bloated, and regardless of how good it looks, a $215m budget for a western is / was crazy. 

• Thanks 1

The dead crow on Depp's head was too much of a distraction for me to pay attention to the movie. Few of the action scenes were great. But it was humorless and tedious imo. Gonna re-watch it though since folks here like it.

The only part I don't like about The Lone Ranger are the old man Tonto bits. You could cut those entirely with minimal effect on the flow of the movie. Those bits are not good.

The set pieces are GOD TIER though. They are sooooo good.

Biggest 2nd Friday's (because I'm bored):

Star Wars: The Force Awakens $49,325,663

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire $31,570,448

Marvel's The Avengers $29,223,517

Jurassic World $29,114,435

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 $24,199,442

Beauty and the Beast (2017) $23,602,097

The Dark Knight $23,232,292

Finding Dory $23,203,096

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone $22,987,000

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story $22,860,256

Edited by JB33
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Biggest 2nd Friday's (because I'm bored):

Star Wars: The Force Awakens $49,325,663

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire $31,570,448

Marvel's The Avengers $29,223,517

Jurassic World $29,114,435

Frozen $26,840,236

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 $24,199,442

Beauty and the Beast (2017) $23,602,097

The Dark Knight $23,232,292

Finding Dory $23,203,096

:winomg:

That is the 1st nationwide opening friday right? You can't really consider 1 theater engagement as opening. 

Edited by titanic2187

Just now, titanic2187 said:

That is the 1st nationwide opening friday right? You can't really consider 1 theater engagement is really a opening. 

You're right. That was lazy. Keep forgetting FROZEN was technically in limited theatres for a week.

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

That is the 1st nationwide opening friday right? You can't really consider 1 theater engagement as opening. 

Technically he isn't wrong :redcapes:

Although the info is never used that way lol.

Edited by narniadis