grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

Most things at my theater are looking at solid increases from yesterday EXCEPT Downsizing and Father Figures. Their first shows only sold 8 and 7 tickets today, which is down from 25 and 10 respectively :hahaha: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

Can't use the calendar as an excuse anymore. If the fact tons of people were still in school was to blame for the weekday numbers then there would have been more pent up demand to see it yesterday and the jump would have been much more impressive. Can we finally get real here? This is struggling to stay that far ahead of RO in dailies.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

1.4M

1.4M

0.7M

3.5M Weekend, $1,206 PTA

:hahaha: 

Shall we recall this when JL released in this thanksgiving? optimistic tone!

“It’s not just about the opening weekend, but it’s about the length of the run, especially given the extremely lucrative Thanksgiving holiday. We have lots of room to run,” said Warner Bros. domestic distribution boss Jeff Goldstein yesterday.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Most things at my theater are looking at solid increases from yesterday EXCEPT Downsizing and Father Figures. Their first shows only sold 8 and 7 tickets today, which is down from 25 and 10 respectively :hahaha: 

Two days in a row that the first showing of Father Figures hasn't sold anything. But don't worry, WB will still somehow win the year anyway.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AndyChrono said:

That's a 37.8% Friday bump, basically exactly in line with the 2006 Top 10 Average (35%) and also Rogue One (36%) on the same Friday.

The goalposts keep being moved though. You would think the Friday jump would have been much higher than RO to make up for the worse drops during the week, not just equal it. When do we all start admitting the word of mouth on this is mixed?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

But, but I was told yesterday that Father Figures is breaking out! :hahaha:

At least you weren't told by a board member that you're often "completely full of shit." 

Although, biologically, I guess he was ultimately right, b/c every human being walks around with a certain amount in them:)...

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think competition is a lame excuse really.

Its Star Wars...

The only reason why the numbers are lower is frankly is the repeat business is suffering badly. 

Like I am debating on seeing this again while with RO and TFA I had my tickets already booked. 

This is def one of the main reasons it’s doing much less than TFA, lack of repeat business.  Sooo many people/sw fans saw TFA 3+ times in theaters, but TLJ will be maybe 2 times.  Plus it was the first SW movie in 10 years, TLJ is the third in two years.  And yes, obviously it isn’t as universally loved as the TFA and that combined with the long runtime is really hurting repeat business.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

The goalposts keep being moved though. You would think the Friday jump would have been much higher than RO to make up for the worse drops during the week, not just equal it. When do we all start admitting the word of mouth on this is mixed?

It's mixed. It's obvious now. Certainly not negative bit not nearly as glowing as many would like us to believe.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Can't use the calendar as an excuse anymore. If the fact tons of people were still in school was to blame then there would have been more pent up demand to see it yesterday and the jump would have been much more impressive. Can we finally get real here? This is struggling to stay that far ahead of RO in dailies.

We are not quite to that point yet. Christmas shopping could be hurting too. The shopping excuse applies just the same to Rogue One’s second Friday as well. 

But I do think it has a much tougher road to these $720m and above numbers that people still believe will happen. Has to be almost 40% ahead of Rogue One remaining run to reach $720m. That is not easy considering it was 8% ahead yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Nice increase. Mixed WOM confirmed. Disney will not go through with Rian Johnson's trilogy if this movie actually starts to demonstrate poor legs. But, so far, that's not the case.

What make you to take a full 1 week to confirm that?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

There are no horrible numbers for this movie. Worst case scenario it still goes over $660m. 

No doubt. But there is a loss of potential. TLJ had the potential  for 800 mil. 

• Like 1