grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

5 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

It’s an amazing movie, I agree. I absolutely love it. Its hard for me to say where it ranks among Pixar movies because I love so many of them. Some of my top ones are Inside Out, Wall E, and The Incredibles but I love all 3 Toy Story films. Does Coco knock any of those off for me? Boy, tough to say. I have trouble ranking movies when they’re in the A+ range for me.

I think it is the most affecting out of all of their movies, after two viewings. Some of their movies may be a little more perfectly paced, but I don't know if any beat Coco's heart for me. And there are a lot of Pixar movies with a whole lot of heart. I also think it's one of the most beautifully animated films of all time and the soundtrack is superb. Their very first movie to be able to even remotely compete with WDAS' best in that aspect. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I sure hope certain 12 screen theaters were able to survive the night after removing a ton of shows for a certain movie to give them to the competition.  

Lol.  

Father Figures is absorbing allll of those people who couldn't get into TLJ :sparta: 

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think it is the most affecting out of all of their movies, after two viewings. Some of their movies may be a little more perfectly paced, but I don't know if any beat Coco's heart for me. And there are a lot of Pixar movies with a whole lot of heart. I also think it's one of the most beautifully animated films of all time and the soundtrack is superb. Their very first movie to be able to even remotely compete with WDAS' best in that aspect. 

I would have to agree. It was emotionally more gripping than even some Pixar movies I may rank even or slightly ahead. I don’t think I expected to be moved by the film, but it was like “shit don’t choke up dude it’s an animated movie come on now!” The film is also gorgeous, as you say. 

• Like 1

Trailer stalker update @Poe Blankeron @That One Guy

9:

The Commuter (American Assassin, Kingsman, American Made, Blade Runner, The Foreigner, Only the Brave, Thank You for Your Service, Murder on the Orient Express, Star Wars: The Last Jedi)

7:

Downsizing (mother!, Battle of the Sexes, Only the Brave, Thank You for Your Service, Suburbicon, Murder on the Orient Express, Lady Bird)

6:

Pitch Perfect 3 (Baby Driver, Despicable Me, Big Sick, Girls Trip, Battle of the Sexes, Happy Death Day)

5:

The Greatest Showman (The House, Despicable Me, Kingsman, Murder on the Orient Express, Wonder)

4:

Darkest Hour (Atomic Blonde, The Snowman, Thank You for Your Service, Wonder)

Father Figures (American Made, The Foreigner, Happy Death Day, Suburbicon)

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (Ninjago, Kingsman, Justice League, Wonder)

Pacific Rim: Uprising (Blade Runner, Geostorm, Thank You for Your Service, Thor: Ragnarok)

Ready Player One (It, Blade Runner 2049, Justice League, Star Wars: The Last Jedi)

The Shape of Water (Apes, mother!, Battle of the Sexes, Lady Bird)

3:

Alpha (Hitman’s Bodyguard, Geostorm, Thor: Ragnarok)

Annihilation (Blade Runner, The Foreigner, Happy Death Day)

Black Panther (Valerian, The Dark Tower, Thor: Ragnarok)

Death Wish (Detroit, It, American Assassin)

Den of Thieves (The Foreigner, Happy Death Day, Geostorm)

Early Man (Coco, Wonder, The Greatest Showman)

Molly’s Game (The Foreigner, The Snowman, Lady Bird)

Red Sparrow (Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Blade Runner 2049, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri)

Sherlock Gnomes (Coco, Wonder, The Greatest Showman)

A Wrinkle in Time (Valerian, Murder on the Orient Express, Coco)

2 and 1:

Spoiler

2:

12 Strong (Thank You for Your Service, Murder on the Orient Express)

All the Money in the World (American Made, Only the Brave)

Fifty Shades Freed (Murder on the Orient Express, Lady Bird)

Hostiles (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, Lady Bird)

Incredibles 2 (Coco, Star Wars: The Last Jedi)

Maze Runner: The Death Cure (Happy Death Day, Geostorm)

Peter Rabbit (Coco, The Greatest Showman)

Polaroid (Wind River, mother!)

The Post (Murder on the Orient Express, The Greatest Showman)

Proud Mary (Girls Trip, Happy Death Day)

Tomb Raider (Geostorm, Justice League)

Untitled Deadpool Sequel (Justice League, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri)

1:

Alita: Battle Angel (Star Wars: The Last Jedi)

Avengers: Infinity War (Star Wars: The Last Jedi)

The Current War (Wind River)

Duck Duck Goose (Ninjago)

Forever My Girl (Wonder)

I, Tonya (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri)

Insidious: The Last Key (Happy Death Day)

Isle of Dogs (Ninjago)

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (Star Wars: The Last Jedi)

Love, Simon (The Greatest Showman)

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (The Greatest Showman)

The New Mutants (Thor: Ragnarok)

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (The Greatest Showman)

Ocean’s 8 (The Greatest Showman)

The Party (Lady Bird)

Phantom Thread (Suburbicon)

A Quiet Place (Star Wars: The Last Jedi)

Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero (Wonder)

Smallfoot (Coco)

Super Troopers 2 (Kingsman)

Winchester: The House That Ghosts Built (Suburbicon)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AndyChrono said:

All it basically takes is a larger than expected X-mas Eve drop. If the 28m Friday holds, you could get something like:

Fri: 28m

Sat: 33m (+17.8%)

Sun: 15m (-54.6%) / 76m 3-day

X-mas Mon: 31.5m (+110%) / 107.5m 4-day

Or it could just drop by 50% on Sunday to about 16.5 and then increase by 140% to go to 38.5 million.  I mean if we are throwing out numbers without any kind of historical to back them up, then I will just use Pursuit of Happyness numbers.  140% increase makes a hell of a lot more sense than 110%.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

Or it could just drop by 50% on Sunday to about 16.5 and then increase by 140% to go to 38.5 million.  I mean if we are throwing out numbers without any kind of historical to back them up, then I will just use Pursuit of Happyness numbers.  140% increase makes a hell of a lot more sense than 110%.

I think it will decrease on Xmas because everyone will get good presents and elect to stay home. I see $13M incoming :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

Average Sunday drop among Top 10 in 2006 was 52.36% (it's actually 55.6% if we ignore Nativity Story since it's thematic) and the average X-mas bump was 114.4%. Seems like my numbers are closer to the historical numbers than the ones you chose. I'd love to know why you think TLJ's best comparison for this weekend is a film that managed over a 6x multi when TLJ probably won't even get to 3.5.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyChrono said:

Average Sunday drop among Top 10 in 2006 was 52.36% (it's actually 55.6% if we ignore Nativity Story since it's thematic) and the average X-mas bump was 114.4%. Seems like my numbers are closer to the historical numbers than the ones you chose. I'd love to know why you think TLJ's best comparison for this weekend is a film that managed over a 6x multi when TLJ probably won't even get to 3.5.

You're cherry picking the stats. Look you do whatever you want.  I'm not going to continue with this because it's kind of assinine at this point.  I think the numbers are going to be closer to 40 million than 30 million on Monday but I'm not going to do this dance with people who are ignoring all kinds of facts.  So you believe whatever you want to believe and then when the Monday numbers roll around we'll see what it actually does.  But the 60% Friday jump already shows that it's going to have a chance to do significant numbers this weekend.  But, Merry Christmas to you and we'll see what happens over the weekend.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

You're cherry picking the stats. Look you do whatever you want.  I'm not going to continue with this because it's kind of assinine at this point.  I think the numbers are going to be closer to 40 million than 30 million on Monday but I'm not going to do this dance with people who are ignoring all kinds of facts.  So you believe whatever you want to believe and then when the Monday numbers roll around we'll see what it actually does.  But the 60% Friday jump already shows that it's going to have a chance to do significant numbers this weekend.  But, Merry Christmas to you and we'll see what happens over the weekend.

Look, if you want to just do a wait-and-see I'm fine with that. It just seems strange you would single out my prediction without even pointing out what's wrong with it or which facts I supposedly missed. Particularly since none of the "near-40 million Monday crowd" has provided any historical backing or facts to support their side. Either way, Merry Christmas and we'll see on Monday.

2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Variety 4 Day estimates:

SW: $110m 
Jumanji $35m
PP3: $30m

TGS: $14m
Downsiszing $7m-$11m

Farting Figures: $5m

The Post: $1m

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/star-wars-the-last-jedi-box-office-christmas-weekend-1202648308/

110 for the 4 day means they're predicting a Monday in the low 30s. Just sayin'. 

• Like 1