grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

@WrathOfHan yo:

11x:

Pitch Perfect 3: Baby Driver, Despicable Me 3, Spider-Man: Homecoming, War for the Planet of the Apes 4K, The Big Sick, Spider-Man: Homecoming Round 2, The Big Sick Round 2, Girls Trip, Battle of the Sexes, Happy Death Day, Justice League

6x:

Pacific Rim: Uprising: Blade Runner 2049, Blade Runner 2049 Round 2, Geostorm, Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2, Thor: Ragnarok Round 3

Downsizing: mother!, Battle of the Sexes, Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2, The Disaster Artist, Lady Bird

Ready Player One: It, Blade Runner 2049, It Round 2, Justice League, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3

5x:

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle: Spider-Man: Homecoming, Spider-Man: Homecoming Round 2, The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Justice League

Black Panther: The Hitman’s Bodyguard, mother!, Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2, Thor: Ragnarok Round 3

Den of Thieves: Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2, Justice League, Thor: Ragnarok Round 3

Molly’s Game: Logan Lucky, mother!, American Made, Murder on the Orient Express, Lady Bird

Annihilation: Blade Runner 2049, Happy Death Day, Blade Runner 2049 Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3

4x:

12 Strong: The Declassified True Story of the Horse Soldiers: Blade Runner 2049 Round 2, Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Alpha: Dunkirk Round 2, Geostorm, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3

A Wrinkle in Time: Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, Coco, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3

3x:

Death Wish: Detroit, Annabelle: Creation, Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3D

Deadpool 2: Logan, Logan Round 2, Justice League

Maze Runner: The Death Cure: Happy Death Day, Geostorm, Thor: Ragnarok Round 3

Tomb Raider: Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Geostorm, Murder on the Orient Express

Paddington 2: The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Wonder, Coco

Duck Duck Goose: My Little Pony: The Movie, Wonder, Coco

Isle of Dogs: The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, The Shape of Water

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3

Avengers: Infinity War: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3

2x:

Polaroid: Wind River, Happy Death Day

Father Figures: American Made, Happy Death Day

Red Sparrow: Kingsman: The Golden Circle, The Snowman

The New Mutants: Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2

The Commuter: American Made, Murder on the Orient Express

Sherlock Gnomes: Wonder, Coco

The Greatest Showman: Despicable Me 3, Star Wars: The Last Jedi

All the Money in the World: American Made, The Disaster Artist

Rampage: Justice League, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2

Early Man: Wonder, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2

Phantom Thread: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, Lady Bird

Blockers: The Disaster Artist, The Disaster Artist Round 2

Game Night: The Disaster Artist, The Disaster Artist Round 2

A Quiet Place: Justice League, The Shape of Water

The Post: Murder on the Orient Express, The Shape of Water

Fifty Shades Freed: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, The Shape of Water

Winchester: The House That Ghosts Built: The Disaster Artist Round 2, The Shape of Water

Alita: Battle Angel: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3

1x:

Forever My Girl: Megan Leavey

Proud Mary: Girls Trip

The Current War: Wind River

Boo 2! A Madea Halloween: The Hitman’s Bodyguard

Super Troopers 2: Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Insidious: The Last Key: Happy Death Day

Peter Rabbit: Coco

Incredibles 2: Coco

The Miracle Season: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Mortal Engines: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Thoroughbreds: The Disaster Artist

Hostiles: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Lean on Pete: The Shape of Water

The 15:16 to Paris: The Shape of Water

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

You guys say you want risky. You say you want inventive. You say you don't want cookie cutter 

But you really want the same recycled shit.

No, I was laughing at the idea of a crowd-sourced big budget Star Wars movie.

14 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Lol, it's not about pacing. When twists in the movie are so dumb that they make more than half of the movie completely pointless and when pay-offs to big setups of the previous movie are spit in the face and laughably bad - it's nothing less, than a bad screenwriting. It would say that about 80% of TLJ is a bad screenwriting, on the level of "what mistakes amateures make when they write the script". And I would say any modern SW movie is much better than prequel trilogy after rewatching it recently, but it doesn't say much.

Whether the twist is dumb is highly debatable.

And saying the script is horrible is just silly.

Critics typically destroy anything with a terrible script.

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

One could say The First Order’s existence in the first place is already shitting on the events of the original trilogy. I tend to think they should have done something 100% different with Force Awakens. Brand new characters, brand new galaxy, etc. 

I dont want to make myself look like a know-it-all, but ive written something about that in the Spoiler Thread :ph34r:

35 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Why?

It would be profitable, please most fans, a fun creative experiment and explores new possibilities for fanboy franchises.

You already have something like that. It’s called fanfiction.

• Like 1

Just now, filmnerdjamie said:

You kid but that is what fucked Tim Burton out of the Batman franchise he established.

Funny thing is kids my age had Batman Returns toys out the wazoo, possibly moreso than Batman 89. I think kids liked it a lot more than parents, who try to shelter kids. Soccer moms freaked out and threatened to boycott McDonalds, which then put pressure on Warner to go much safer. 

7 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

One could say The First Order’s existence in the first place is already shitting on the events of the original trilogy. I tend to think they should have done something 100% different with Force Awakens. Brand new characters, brand new galaxy, etc. 

But then they wouldn't be able to have easy marketing by having Luke, Leia and Han in the movie.