grim22

New Year's Day Weekend Thread: Late Friday estimates (DHD) - TLJ 19.5M, Jumanji 17.5M, PP3 6.7M, TGS 5.3M

19 minutes ago, BK007 said:

Saw All the Money in the World, and I have to say, though it is pretty well made, it still is a movie that rubs you the wrong way.

They want to try to make you empathize with these characters, but as the opening narration/trailer states, they aren't like us- and it's hard to feel much.

edit: As for CMBYN, I found the trailer slightly offputting because of the implied age of the younger actor's character. If it had been a girl pursuing Armie Hammer, I would feel the same. Probably will still see it, but at least that might explain some reservations where I had none for say Moonlight or Blue is the Warmest Colour (two excellent movies).

Pretty much I imagine if it weren’t a book first it would have been pitched as “gay Lolita.” It was a snooze fest. And not made for the average straight guy I have to say, just zero appeal.

28 minutes ago, BK007 said:

edit: As for CMBYN, I found the trailer slightly offputting because of the implied age of the younger actor's character. If it had been a girl pursuing Armie Hammer, I would feel the same. Probably will still see it, but at least that might explain some reservations where I had none for say Moonlight or Blue is the Warmest Colour (two excellent movies).

Trust me when I say there is nothing even remotely creepy about their pairing in the movie itself, at all. 

8 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

SHOUT OUT TO MY EX! YOU'RE REALLY QUITE THE MAN!

YOU MADE MY HEART BREAK, AND THAT MADE ME WHO I AM.

HERE'S TO MY EX. HEY, LOOK AT ME NOW!

I'M ALL THE WAY UP I SWEAR YOU'LL NEVER BRING ME DOWN!

79263a2895e0ad10d444bdb1aaf60681.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

14 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Cannot WAIT to prove my haters, but most importantly, MYSELF wrong. This was the year I was going to throw in the towel, but I finished the year with a new job, which I start in a day! And I begin the new year with a new hope and DRIVE AND PASSION.

Am READY to scalp.

iTUmQfl.gif

Now we know why your ex left you