the beast

Weekend Thread - Insidious 29.6M, Jumanji 37.2M, TLJ 23.7M, TGS 13.8M, PP3 10.3

Molly's Game's numbers seem about right since it was making $11K+ PTA from 271 theaters over the 4-day last weekend (and in the areas where it was always gonna do best). Should make about $25M total. Not that great but no Miss Sloane either.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I think the cold weather is going to hurt TLJ more than Jumanji this weekend, because a very large group of SW fans are old and no way in hell are old people going to go out to see a movie when it is freezing cold.

Is this the new "WOM IS MIXED?"

6.0 (+38%)

8.7 (+45%)

5.8 (-33%)

= 20.5

Unless the Friday comes in closer to 6.5, could be very tough to beat RO's 22m weekend. And with same legs after a weekend smaller by ~1.5m, passing TA is not locked. If the weekend is sub 21m, 615-620 is also conceivable.

It may have already been obvious from the numbers thought the week, but I think Jumanji will beat Star Wars this weekend! It's been beating Star Wars all week, really! The film has really proves itself to have strong legs and word of mouth!

27 minutes ago, a2knet said:

6.0 (+38%)

8.7 (+45%)

5.8 (-33%)

= 20.5

Unless the Friday comes in closer to 6.5, could be very tough to beat RO's 22m weekend. And with same legs after a weekend smaller by ~1.5m, passing TA is not locked. If the weekend is sub 21m, 615-620 is also conceivable.

Taking the optimistic route, when Deadline's midday was $5.5M-$6M...I respect that:)...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BTW, to end the night, Insidious got 3 extra showings at Regal local, along with the previously mentioned 2 extra showings at the Cinemark local (and Cinemark has added those shows onto Saturday as well)...so it had a very good night, at least in my neck of the woods...

Edited by TwoMisfits