the beast

Weekend Thread - Insidious 29.6M, Jumanji 37.2M, TLJ 23.7M, TGS 13.8M, PP3 10.3

27 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Of note, the 26,6M Jumanji number would be a 47% drop. Nothing bad of course, but for such a WOM-juggernaut, that may also be a sign that the weather indeed depresses the numbers a bit?

Think so. Here's a scary thought. What if these numbers for all films end up even worse? This storm is a major pain in the ass for millions of people over the weekend. Friday and Saturday could be pretty much wiped out by the weather.

But the films should be able to recover maybe starting around Sunday and Monday if I remember right. Seems like that is what the Weather Channel guys were saying yesterday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Think so. Here's a scary thought. What if these numbers for all films end up even worse? This storm is a major pain in the ass for millions of people over the weekend. Friday and Saturday could be pretty much wiped out by the weather.

But the films should be able to recover maybe starting around Sunday and Monday if I remember right. Seems like that is what the Weather Channel guys were saying yesterday.

I hope its not to big of an effect. If its the case though, we should see a really good MLK weekend with hefty increases across the board for the 4-Day.

• Like 1

Does James Wan still know they are doing these Insidious movies? Or he just receives the paychecks at home without nothing what those are from and doesn't ask questions? Because he is certainly getting another paycheck for the inevitable Insidious 5.

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

Does James Wan still know they are doing these Insidious movies? Or he just receives the paychecks at home without nothing what those are from and doesn't ask questions? Because he is certainly getting another paycheck for the inevitable Insidious 5.

Jason Blum: "Yo, James, you wanna direct the 4th Insidious movie?"

James Wan: *cackles maniacally as he earns $10M on an Aquaman movie*

• Like 1

You know, reading this forum today I was thinking I want the whole TLJ thing to be over already because it is getting boring. Like, even I got bored to continuously bad mouth it. And right when I was thinking I am over it, it (allegedly) makes 20m this weekend and this emoji comes to mind: :hahaha:. If anything, it is a damn interesting run!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ugh - that would be a meh hold for Jumanji and down right ugly for Jedi... so hard to stay positive about it's run (or any for that matter) Again - if this had been a Justice League situation in which the OW suffered as well it wouldn't seem as bad.... but that dad-gum 220m OW.....

Magnolia sucks but the Master..... *eye rolls* is even worse. Only thing keeping Magnolia on the bottom is that PSH & Phoenix were amazing in an otherwise terrible movie.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, James said:

You know, reading this forum today I was thinking I want the whole TLJ thing to be over already because it is getting boring. Like, even I got bored to continuously bad mouth it. And right when I was thinking I am over it, it (allegedly) makes 20m this weekend and this emoji comes to mind: :hahaha:. If anything, it is a damn interesting run!

I would think Disney is laughing too...all the way to the bank.

• Like 5

Hilarious drop for Star Wars. We can't forget that it's Deadline, BUT we can't forget that most of deadline's predictions for The Last Jedi have been overpredicted, lol. So, if it keeps following previous predictions, chances are that the numbers will go south.

So, let's only unload the meltdowns when and if the timing is right. XD

No way to spin that potential Jedi drop as anything but ugh worthy, or super underwhelming, especially since Deadline has been right more often then not these days. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1