Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

700m is locked. DVD/Blu-Ray out in November, digital release is just a slight impact. Everyone knows it's the movie event of the summer and at this point repeat business is driving its legs. Worst case scenario that it falls the bit short then Paramount will close the deal with a re-release. 

• Like 2

"I Ain't Worried" is a Top 20 hit: #19 on the Billboard Hot 100 this week.

It has a sample/interpolation of "Young Folks", so may not be eligible for Best Original Song. But the rules can be flexible, the Bond songs have contained the notes of the original theme and still win.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

I hate when you watch a movie you really enjoyed again for the first time at home and you just can't connect with it the same way you did at the cinema. This was really dull for me on the TV.

To me, the movie is just as fantastic at home. It's just a really well made movie.

• Like 3

So, our flagship theater here in Turkey named Cinemaximum (think AMC but for Turkey) is reissuing a bunch of summer movies throughout the month of September, starting with Top Gun Maverick from the 2nd to the 8th. Then it'll be Jurassic World Dominion from the 9th to the 15th and finally Doctor Strange 2 from the 23rd to the 29th. All for significantly discounted ticket prices. I'm thinking of catching Top Gun and Strange, on top of the Avatar reissue that's already in the can of course. Just wanted to point that out.

4 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

What more can you say about this movie's success at this point? Over $700 million domestic and #1 for Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends-what a glorious box office run!

"I Ain't Worried" is a Top 10 hit (#8 in this week's Hot 100).

Lady Gaga deserves it more <_<