Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

Even the World Cup is scared of TGM and moved out of its typical June release date to not have to go up against it.

The power of Maverick.

But seriously, TGM got really lucky with the WC moving to November this year. BP2 international numbers are getting hit by WC.

TGM international numbers were even more impressive than DOM.

• Like 1

Just now, John Marston said:

starting to think this can win the year worldwide 

There has to be something apocalyptic for Avatar 2 to not win world wide. Hype overseas is really strong and its getting a china release. Domestic presales are looking good with backloaded presales. WOM has to be really bad for it to miss TGM WW. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

There has to be something apocalyptic for Avatar 2 to not win world wide. Hype overseas is really strong and its getting a china release. Domestic presales are looking good with backloaded presales. WOM has to be really bad for it to miss TGM WW. 

It’s funny to think of a $1.5B disappointment but A2 would be it. 

4 hours ago, Borobudur said:

Yes, if you base the box office on calendar year. 

Even then I'm not completely confident. The first made a billion in 3 weekends. I think Avatar 2 will make 1.5 billion by January 1st, just depends if it can reach it a day earlier. 

5 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Even the World Cup is scared of TGM and moved out of its typical June release date to not have to go up against it.

The power of Maverick.

1 hour ago, datpepper said:

Returns to theaters this Friday:

20221128-143347423.jpg

68b.jpg

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

Even then I'm not completely confident. The first made a billion in 3 weekends. I think Avatar 2 will make 1.5 billion by January 1st, just depends if it can reach it a day earlier. 

With a strong china I think it would have been almost a done deal (let see what happens with the protests)

First one did 1 billion without china in 19 days I think,and this one has 18 days of 2022, think itll be at 1.3 billion by then

38 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

So with the re-release incoming, any idea where TGM’s lifetime worldwide gross might be at if it gets released in OS-countries as well? Will it outgross Furious 7 & The Avengers for 9th highest grossing film WW?

I think this is the goal, to be top 10 all time after A2 release.

36 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

So with the re-release incoming, any idea where TGM’s lifetime worldwide gross might be at if it gets released in OS-countries as well? Will it outgross Furious 7 & The Avengers for 9th highest grossing film WW?

it will probably get to 1.5b eventually but not from this release , i wouldn't expect more than a couple million from this limited 2 week run