grim22

BOTs Top 25 Movies of 2017 | NOLANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

I liked this one much more than the first.  It felt less gimmicky and more genuine and Baby Groot is just brilliant fun. 

Really could have done without the Hasselhoff stuff though - especially at the end

I also really appreciated the idea of family running throughout the film. Made it a stronger film then the first overall for me. 

• Like 4

Spoiler

Split

1714a947556553.587e2faeea49a.jpg

LaJS0ne.png

hcVK7Zb.png

After the success of The Visit, M Night Shymalan continues his comeback story with Split. Anchored by 2 great central performances, one by James McAvoy and one by Anya Taylor-Joy, Split delivers a compelling thriller punctuated by a great twist in the final scene to link it to one of Shyamalan's earlier triumphs. Here's hoping Glass can live up to the hype in 2019.

User Reviews:

SHYAMALAN IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is an insanely well crafted horror film that's genuinely disturbing. James McAvoy and Anya Taylor Joy are incredible in their roles. The sequel is going to be INCREDIBLE. 9.5/10 | A

- @WrathOfHan

I think this movie was awesome with director MNS providing a great job and a wonderful performance from James Mcavoy. Grade: A

- @chrisman0606

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 2

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Hide contents

Split

1714a947556553.587e2faeea49a.jpg

LaJS0ne.png

hcVK7Zb.png

After the success of The Visit, M Night Shymalan continues his comeback story with Split. Anchored by 2 great central performances, one by James McAvoy and one by Anya Taylor-Joy, Split delivers a compelling thriller punctuated by a great twist in the final scene to link it to one of Shyamalan's earlier triumphs. Here's hoping Glass can live up to the hype in 2019.

User Reviews:

SHYAMALAN IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is an insanely well crafted horror film that's genuinely disturbing. James McAvoy and Anya Taylor Joy are incredible in their roles. The sequel is going to be INCREDIBLE. 9.5/10 | A

- @WrathOfHan

I think this movie was awesome with director MNS providing a great job and a wonderful performance from James Mcavoy. Grade: A

- @chrisman0606

Related image

Maybe it's because I don't watch much horror thrillers (even if I didn't find this particular one all that scary), I saw the influence of a care for the filmmaking craft. James McAvoy stands out in an excellent cast, and the plot is very interesting throughout. The cinematography in particular also had some stellar moments. I felt a wide range of emotions watching this film. Very good thriller.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Paddington 2

paddington_two_ver22_xlg.jpg

8ZqtMCn.png

RWBahYZ.png

The best reviewed movie of all time on Rotten Tomatoes, Paddington 2 is a genuinely sweet and sincere movie. The cast is brilliant again, the effects for Paddington are really well done and Hugh Grant excels in his best role ever. I got a lot of feedback about including it for this year's list, but decided to make it eligible anyway.

User Reviews

Warm, fuzzy, and charming, Paddington was everything the first one was and more. Hugh Grant is amazing in this, and pretty hilarious at times too. There are some genuine laugh-out-loud moments (even if one of them steals from a classic Mr. Bean moment). The film pays a particular attention to detail, and everything that goes on happens for a reason at some point later on in the film. Not a single frame, character, or joke is wasted. 

Definitely a lot of Wes Andersen influence here. And the ''British humor'' is top notch. A few emotionally touching moments as well. All-around a spectacular film. GO SEE IT.

- @DAJK

I have had a really terrible January -- my grandmother had an extended stay in the hospital, my beloved seventeen-year-old cat died, work is work -- and for 104 minutes it felt like everything was right in the world.  This movie is utterly PRECIOUS and so kind.  I loved the sense of wonder throughout ( I was BEAMING at the prison break!).  Every character was important and mattered; and in the end, everyone got to have their shining moment.  The script was wonderful, and the editing was so well placed.  And then there was Hugh, Oh My Gosh.  I hope he gets the BAFTA.  He was such a blast to watch.

And I want to know the name of the set dresser who decided to plaster Hugh's old headshots EVERYWHERE.  They deserve ALL THE AWARDS.  I had a giggle fit the first time we saw inside his house.

- @captainwondyful

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 5
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1