Eric Duncan

The Kitchen l August 9, 2019 | New Line l Melissa McCarthy, Tiffany Haddish star l Based on the Vertigo comic book series

15 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Is the DC comic connection absolutely irrelevant for this ? Or it will attract some significant amount of DC fans ?

Pretty much irrelevant. It’s based on a Vertigo title which isn’t a beloved title like Constantine or Sandman. 100 Bullets is a Vertigo title which is similar to this which might see a DC boost. Kitchen is almost unknown.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Pretty much irrelevant. It’s based on a Vertigo title which isn’t a beloved title like Constantine or Sandman. 100 Bullets is a Vertigo title which is similar to this which might see a DC boost. Kitchen is almost unknown.

Speaking of beloved Vertigo titles, WB should do a movie or TV Show of Fables. I've read until Volume 6 of the deluxe edition and I absolutely love it. Wouldn't mind one especially with the second season of The Wolf Among Us game not happening anymore (because the company that was making those games closed down).

13 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Speaking of beloved Vertigo titles, WB should do a movie or TV Show of Fables. I've read until Volume 6 of the deluxe edition and I absolutely love it. Wouldn't mind one especially with the second season of The Wolf Among Us game not happening anymore (because the company that was making those games closed down).

The issue with that is Once Upon A Time.

Fables was actually pitched to ABC, they rejected the pitch and made OUAT with the Disney equivalent characters.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

David Heyman was developing a film based on Fables with Jane Goldman and Nik Arcel. Not sure of the status now.

Edited by MuffinMan
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The issue with that is Once Upon A Time.

Fables was actually pitched to ABC, they rejected the pitch and made OUAT with the Disney equivalent characters.

Yeah I forgot that show existed. I read that they actually bought the TV rights to Fables also. Does ABC still own the TV rights? 

There are advance screenings for this tomorrow, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Some 3 dozen locations in major cities throughout US and Canada. So I would assume social media reactions are allowed starting tomorrow, but I have no clue when they plan to drop the review embargo. 

Edited by harrisonisdead
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, harrisonisdead said:

There are advance screenings for this tomorrow, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Some 3 dozen locations in major cities throughout US and Canada. So I would assume social media reactions are allowed starting tomorrow, but I have no clue when they plan to drop the review embargo. 

Review embargoes for August movies this year is weird af. Hobbs and Shaw also had a late embargo, Dora only has 4 reviews (including the creepy one), and Angry Birds 2 has one review (this is one is super weird. Why is there only one review?).

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Wouldn't mind one especially with the second season of The Wolf Among Us game not happening anymore (because the company that was making those games closed down).

:ohmygod: I was stupidly waiting for a season 2 all this time !?

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah, the company went bankrupt. They were basically the Netflix of video games in terms of content output (high quantity but extremely varying quality) and it didn't seem to work. 

I was at the time also surprised by the timing.

On Fable I thought I just bought the first "season/part" of the story and would have to buy the next 4 has they would come out after, no they were all free from the initial purchase, even if they had me and that I had virtually no choice to finish that game and would have paid $4 each easily.

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah, the company went bankrupt. They were basically the Netflix of video games in terms of content output (high quantity but extremely varying quality) and it didn't seem to work. 

I was hoping for Batman Telltale 3 but then they went under. Bummer

4 hours ago, Avatree said:
Production
company

Hide contents

No I don't think it's classed as a DC film.

Too bad. I think it would be neat for WB to start a cinematic universe that was based on comics, but with movies that you could barely call comic book movies, if that makes sense.

Not that everything has to be a cinematic universe, mind you. I'm perfectly content with this being a stand-alone. This is more me just speculating wildly lol.

Edited by JB33

Reading some letterboxd reviews. Seems like the movie is just decent. There are comparisons to Widows and many are mentioning that it's a worse film compared to widows (in fact most of the negative reviews are the ones that mention Widows). But the question is if it will be more crowd-pleasing than widows (which was a divisive film among audiences but the marketing is to blame for that one).

Best things are the costumes and the acting.

Edited by lorddemaxus