That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

4 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Horrible opening day after previews, wom on par with bvs ?

Lol absolutely noooo! It will play fine just super bizarre Friday number

Saturday will do well if Deep Wang pre-sales are believed.

Edited by eXtacy

23 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

I can't wait to see the numbers for Atlanta.

I'm pretty sure it's the west coast bringing that number down, southern California in particular.

Really?  This is not playing huge on the west coast?  I guess I'm surprised...but I guess that's another area, like Canada, that it's just gonna play like a normal super for now...I mean, they have to be somewhere:)...

I guess this proves east coasters have better taste (this is a joke!:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

If the previews and true Friday are similar to CW and even if Sat is smaller, at least Sunday drop is going to be much better due to PD Monday. CW fell 31% on Sunday, while BP could fall 15-20% I guess.

Something like this could help BP match/beat CW

25.2        25.0

50.0        50.5 

57.0        61.2      +14% vs +21%

47.0        42.4     -17.5% vs -31%

179.2      179.1

Just now, a2knet said:

If the previews and true Friday are similar to CW and even if Sat is smaller, at least Sunday drop is going to be much better due to PD Monday. CW fell 31% on Sunday, while BP could fall 15-20% I guess.

Something like this could help BP match/beat CW

25.2        25.0

50.0        50.5 

57.0        61.2      +14% vs +21%

47.0        42.4     -17.5% vs -31%

179.2      179.1

How would that change if you assume $44.8M today (for $70M total Friday)?

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

How would that change if you assume $44.8M today (for $70M total Friday)?

would give around 163 fss with that using the same true fri to sat bump and sun drop

• Like 1

With a 170 ow would need 2.65x to get to 450 dom. DP did 2.74x the 3-day and that too with a very inflated Sunday (+0.2% from Sat). BP, AIW, JW2 all could go 450-500 making for an exciting top 3 slugfest.

I knew my trailers would be rubbish. I got Venom, Solo, Ant Man, Ready Player One, Deadpool 2, and not superbowl Jurassic World.

No UNCLE DREW, MI6, or Infinity War. Deadpool was fine, but those were the 3 things I wanted. I just knew I wasn't getting them. Crowd was dead with the trailers, I was expecting Hello Kitty to bring down the house. Nothing but crickets.

Edited by Jandrew