That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

1 hour ago, Rumpot said:

Sigh... I suck.  Massachusetts #25, ME/Maine is #50.  Link below as my state abbreviations can not be trusted

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=now 1-d&geo=US&q=%2Fm%2F0126b7rc

Georgia might end up declaring this weekend a state holiday. Schools and work forever closed, February 16-18 from here on forever. It is now law.

1 hour ago, The Mad Panda said:

400mm?

You don’t measure BO in milimeters, sir.  Smh.

God dammit, will someone stop letting these rookies in that haven’t followed the box office enough to know a standard abbreviation for million. 

Edited by Ghostbusters!

Can Someone explain how theatres work?

For example at my local 16 screen theater, they have BP on only 4 screens and its sold out for tonight?

Why don't they cancel a screening of a movie from 5-6 weeks ago? and play BP?

Forecasting Panther with a 197.7M 3 day (15% drop today):

Remainder of this week: 90.6M (288.3M Total)

Feb 23: 87.9M (28.3M weekdays, 404.5M Total)

Mar 2: 52.5M (17.3M weekdays, 474.3M Total)

Mar 9: 30.8M (10.4M weekdays, 515.5M Total)

Mar 16: 18M (5.7M weekdays, 539.2M Total)

Mar 23: 10M (3.5M weekdays, 553.7M Total)

Mar 30: 7M (2.2M weekdays, 561.9M Total)

Apr 6: 4.3M (1.3M weekdays, 567.5M Total)

Apr 13: 2.5M (800k weekdays, 570.8M Total)

Apr 20: 1.1M (300k weekdays, 572.2M Total)

Final Total: 575M (2.91x from 3 day/2.38x from 4 day)

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Son Tung M-TP said:

If Marvel Studios makes a Squadron Supreme movie, what are the chances it outgrosses Justice League?:ph34r:

People was discussing probability of an Ant-Man movie outgrossing JL. Let me say that again. Ant-Man. So anything else won’t be a surprise. 

It’s not even worth it to compare to JL at this point. That was a failure that’s done and over with.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Squirrell Girl might outgross JL at this point.

That movie seriously needs to happen. Once Marvel was able to make Rocket and Groot a smash, that gave Squirrel Girl the green light.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

People was discussing probability of an Ant-Man movie outgrossing JL. Let me say that again. Ant-Man. So anything else won’t be a surprise. 

It’s not even worth it to compare to JL at this point. That was a failure that’s done and over with.

The League is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ghostbusters! said:

God dammit, will someone stop letting these rookies in that haven’t followed the box office enough to know a standard abbreviation for million. 

I believe the standard abbreviation for million is m not mm, yikes

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Mad Panda said:

I believe the standard abbreviation for million is m not mm, yikes

You need to leave your subreddit more.   An no one said MM (caps) was THE standard abbrev, it’s is A standard abbrev, especially when discussing currency or money, which we are. .

please take the time to learn more before failing in an attempt to criticize. 

7 minutes ago, Sam said:

JL is still worthing comparing, like comparing JL's DOM total to a Marvel's OW.  BP's 4-day came very close didn't it?

Edited by vc2002

2 hours ago, Jandrew said:

The thing about Lion King is, seriously, how different can it really look from Jungle Book? $400M is doable, but man, yall are getting pretty lofty with it. I can't see it ever replicating and conjuring the same love we show for the original.

It stars Beyonce, and Donald Glover has become extremely popular in music and acting too. 

Edited by PenguinHyphy