That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Wow, I didn't realize there would be this much debate over my mention of two films.

Would it make you feel better if i said the first in it's series?  Or is that not acceptable to you either?

yes.. it's better if we all have the same definitions for box office terms, avoids confusion.

39 minutes ago, Alexiswills12 said:

They do. They have way more movies relating to the Avengers (characters) coming out in the next two to three years than for BP. There’s no script yet for BP 2. They need IW to be the winner. 

In my opinion, of course.

Unbelievable logic right there. The forum has gone into the deep end. 

All marvel “needs” is to continue releasing movies people like.

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 2

Next big breakout? I've been calling Love, Simon for a while now. I see it as the next Fault In Our Stars and Wonder type.

Also, A Quiet Place seems to have a lot more buzz than I expected it to have. I'm still unsure about it hitting the numbers some are predicting, but if there's a horror breakout in the 1st half of the year, it's definitely AQP.

14 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Ant-Man 2 likely will break the streak but still do $250m, I do hope there isn't WWW threads for Ant-Man because it didn't do huge numbers. If it does TWS or DS numbers, Marvel will be thrilled. 

I very much agree. If Ant-Man hits Strange numbers, that'd be a win for Marvel. The big increase should come from OS, though. I imagine the movie may have a shot at 700M WW, maybe 800 if it breaks out in China like the original did.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

Potential breakouts(although grosses are to be determined, so using film titles as grosses that would be excellent)

March: Ready Player One= Logan numbers

April: A Quiet Place= Split/Get Out

Blockers=Get Hard

Rampage=Godzilla ‘14

Truth Or Dare=The Visit

May: Deadpool 2=Guardians Of The Galaxy 2

Solo=Rogue One

June(no breakouts)

July: Skyscraper=San Andreas but a bigger overseas turnout

HT3=Toy Story 3(outlandish though and likely more likely $150-$165 million on the high-end)

Equalizer 2=Safe House

August(nothing)

September:

The Nun= The Conjuring 1

The Predator= Kingsman 2 or even Prometheus as outlandish those two even sound 

Night School= Ride Along 1

October:

Venom= The Martian

First Man= La La Land

Halloween= Get Out

November and December are too tough to pick. Especially December yikes that’s a bloodbath 

6 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

It's interesting to see big A list celebrities tweeting about BP. Has this ever happened before? 

Not really but they're doing it to appear "woke." It's all self-serving. 

Case in point: 

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Happened with Wonder Woman, loads of celebrities praised it on social media.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Happened with Wonder Woman, loads of celebrities praised it on social media.

Ah! Makes sense...Hollywood wants to be PC. Good movies to get behind to support the cause, but these people are fake. Many might not have even watched these movies before tweeting their reaction. But if they say, people notice..helps the boxoffice and they continue to get good work.

Edited by marveldcfox

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Next big breakout? I've been calling Love, Simon for a while now. I see it as the next Fault In Our Stars and Wonder type.

Yep. I'm predicting a $35M/$125M run myself (and easily beating Tomb Raider that same weekend).

23 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Ant-Man 2 likely will break the streak but still do $250m, I do hope there isn't WWW threads for Ant-Man because it didn't do huge numbers. If it does TWS or DS numbers, Marvel will be thrilled. 

Ant-Man 2 > $800m 

its haapening.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

If you were never in a succesful film before, big money is in number 2 & so on.

Not big money, 7 figures. The REAL money comes when those deals wrap up and renegotiations happen.   See RDJ.