That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

33 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Selling the audiences on another version of Spider-Man making selling Homecoming to audiences an easier task.

And it seems like Civil War will be a major jumping off point for Ant-Man and the Wasp too. Civil War has really influenced the rest of the MCU much more than Ultron did.

LOL come on now. This is a stretch. 

32 minutes ago, RichWS said:

The hallways are small, although that was always a bigger issue for me at Union Square. You have to take three or four escalators up, the screens suck, always a few assholes in the theater, the staff is terrible.

What do you think is the best mainstream theater in NYC out of curiosity?

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

San Fran Metreon prices for tonight...

$22.50 for Dolby Cinema PLF

$21.50 for IMAX

$19.50 for regular 3D

$15.50 for regular 2D

National average ticket price is $9.18  :lol:

Wow. That’s ridiculous. My 2D ticket was $7.50. 

More anecdotal evidence about Panther’s WOM:

Two of Best friends along with a lot of people called it their favorite superhero movie. Most said favorite Marvel movie.

Most of the people I know at school who’s seen it want to see it again.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Rth Wakanda said:

F 75,941,146    -    
S 65,995,366    -    
S 60,067,439    -    
WE 202,003,951    

M 40,151,729    -
WK 242,155,680    

est. from boxofficemojo (actuals vs est.)

$75,808,000 (+0,176%)

S $65,893,000 (+0,155%)
$60,096,000 (-0,048%)

WE $201,797,000 (+0,103%)

$33,203,000 (+20,928%)

WK $235,000,000 (+3,045%)

10 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

San Fran Metreon prices for tonight...

$22.50 for Dolby Cinema PLF

$21.50 for IMAX

$19.50 for regular 3D

$15.50 for regular 2D

National average ticket price is $9.18  :lol:

The Edwards Ontario Mills (My local) has real Imax $19.50. Metreon is only $2 more.

But hell 15.50 for regular 2D? LOL

Edited by ecstasy

5 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I don't know, I thought Killmonger was the best villain in any CBM since Joker in Dark Knight. Zod was pretty great too though in Man of Steel.

Meh. Fans only name him because by default he’s the least awful DCEU villain so far. 

Lets put it this way: what’s the most memorable thing about Terry Stamp’s Zod? Quote it with me: KNEEL BEFORE ZOD! Iconic line for sure.

what was the most memorable thing about Shannon’s Zod? *snap*

Of course I’m the same guy that thinks DC films haven’t had a decent villain since Bane in TDKR. Even with his goofy as hell voice, it’s fun and rolls with Hardy’s fun performance. “Do you feel like you’re in charge?” (Reminds me of my opening day crowd losing it when Bane gives a “crapped my pants” look when Batman lit up that logo on the bridge.)

2 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

The Edwards Ontario Mills (My local) has real Imax $19.50. Metreon is only $2 more.

Considering how rare the screen is, the IMAX price is not bad. It's the other screens at Metreon that are way over-priced. But that's San Francisco. I don't know how the people are able to get by there. Everything is too expensive. Food, housing, entertainment, all of it.

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Considering how rare the screen is, the IMAX price is not bad. It's the other screens at Metreon that are way over-priced. But that's San Francisco. I don't know how the people are able to get by there. Everything is too expensive. Food, housing, entertainment, all of it.

It just got out of hand with the tech industry. It's out of control.