That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

8 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think Civil War did far more to further the MCU then Ultron Did.

Civil War:

1. Introduced Black Panther and the MCU fanbase introduced to Wakanda

2.  Spider-Man was brought back and homecoming was a huge success and was able to overcome the 'spiderman again' vide

3. Ant-Man got a major push as he was seen by a lot more people than in his first film (we have to see how ant man 2 does but I think everyone sees an increase)

4. Captain has been firmly cemented as a great MCU hero and is fan favourite going into the IW.

5. Iron Man has some sort of storyline rather then him being pointless after IM3 and Ultron going into Infinity Wars.

6. Winter Soldier is no longer an obscure character and has a future in the MCU

7. Falcon got some attention as well. 

Civil war has flaws but it did a good job in giving each character screen time and pushing them forward in the MCU.

Dude. That's not what you said at first. Sure you can raise all these points now. But I was responding to where you said CW introduced smaller characters.

Spider Man is not a smaller character anyway you look it at it. That's just false.

Ant Man already been introduced with his own movie.

Iron Man has 3 movies of his own. Doesn't matter what CW did for him. He has 3 mega hits.

Captain has 2 movies on his own.

Falcon isn't doing anything special.

I'll give you Winter Soldier but he was introduced in Cap 2.

Here is your exact quote:

"Civil War for all its fault really allowed the MCU to branch into a lot of 'smaller characters'. "

Again I ask, who beside BP?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I actually don’t think the public would’ve been at all into the idea of ANOTHER Spider-Man reboot if he hadn’t been so popular in CW.  That character was in a very sad place circa 2014 lol 

Nobody is arguing otherwise.

4 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

Dude. That's not what you said at first. Sure you can raise all these points now. But I was responding to where you said CW introduced smaller characters.

Spider Man is not a smaller character anyway you look it at it. That's just false.

Ant Man already been introduced with his own movie.

Iron Man has 3 movies of his own. Doesn't matter what CW did for him. He has 3 mega hits.

Captain has 2 movies on his own.

Falcon isn't doing anything special.

I'll give you Winter Soldier but he was introduced in Cap 2.

Here is your exact quote:

"Civil War for all its fault really allowed the MCU to branch into a lot of 'smaller characters'. "

Again I ask, who beside BP?

Poor Lordmandeep.

:jeb!:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rth Wakanda said:

F 75,941,146    -    
S 65,995,366    -    
S 60,067,439    -    
WE 202,003,951    

M 40,151,729    -
WK 242,155,680    

hmmm... Don't people know to never pick a round number so their isn't a tie...

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

Summer weekdays.

Yeah, I get the concept of summer weekdays. Kids are out of school in the summer, more free time to go to the movies. I recall that being the case when I was a kid some 45 years ago. But what else is a fair yardstick for BP but JW? It really has put itself in that league. 

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Yep; it especially sucks with reserved seating.

Spoken truly like someone without Moviepass.  If it's a later showtime then just go earlier in the day and buy tickets for a show later that night.  I did that with Disaster Artist and got in just fine.

Just now, That One Guy said:

Spoken truly like someone without Moviepass.  If it's a later showtime then just go earlier in the day and buy tickets for a show later that night.  I did that with Disaster Artist and got in just fine.

So you have to go twice?

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

That's a waste of time and, more importantly, GAS MONEY

4 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Yeah, I get the concept of summer weekdays. Kids are out of school in the summer, more free time to go to the movies. I recall that being the case when I was a kid some 45 years ago. But what else is a fair yardstick for BP but JW? It really has put itself in that league. 

JW is a very good comparison. Not in daily numbers but overall it's a very good comparison. Would be amazing if Panther can finish with a similar total.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

So you have to go twice?

no lol.  Only if it's a popular film at a theater with reserved seating.

And of course the best way to watch any film is to walk straight up to the ticket taker and not have to reserve seats ahead of time.  First come first serve, bitch.  Not gonna deal with getting a subpar seat just because some people decided to buy their tickets like 5 years before the show starts

Edited by That One Guy
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

no lol.  Only if it's a popular film at a theater with reserved seating.

And of course the best way to watch any film is to walk straight up to the ticket taker and not have to reserve seats ahead of time.  First come first serve, bitch.  Not gonna deal with getting a subpar seat just because some people decided to buy their tickets like 5 years before the show starts

That's me. If I could buy tickets for SW9 today, I would. 😂

• ...wtf 1