That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

imo at times online scores mean something. the audience score and legs here had some link.

q7YlzUC.png&key=e60722dfae4d0c4fd86cb47c

But is it true that only 48% of audiences found TLJ passable or that 90% of audiences found TGS to be near perfect? I think I get what you’re trying to say in terms of legs, but are we deciding that Black Panther will have worse legs than Thor: The Dark World because it’s RT audience score is lower?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Can we be clear that this isn’t just DC trolls? DC and Marvel both have their troll fans.

However, this is a political crowd, “trump” trolls who attacked Last Jedi, Ghostbusters, Amy Schumer, Oceans Eight, Jennifer Lawrence etc. 

This isnt just DC trolls. 

However, we found that it was more than Trump Trolls were not happy with TLJ unless you are suggesting disliking TLJ makes you a Trump fan lol . 

I think this will be backloaded as people say and end up with bigger opening than CW. BP is also drawing people who don't usually see SH movies or rarely go to the cinema while CW was mostly for the initiated (as big a number as that may be). So new audience (that likely won't spill over onto other SH movies) + SH fans. Gigantic weekend ahead.:hi5:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Go back to the GOTG V2 weekend thread and tell everyone that the 17M Thursday number would be chumped by Black Panther's.

Hell, go back to Civil War's thread, where Panther was a debuting supporting character, and tell everyone that its 25M Thursday would be smaller (even by 0.2M) than Black Panther's.

You'd be laughed out of this forum.

truly ironic that bkb, the only guy who could say those things back then has been laughed out of this forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

imo at times online scores mean something. the audience score and legs here had some link.

q7YlzUC.png&key=e60722dfae4d0c4fd86cb47c

Whoa.....

Critics praises TLJ, yet the audience are mixed about it.

Then audience praises TGS, yet the critics are mixed about it.

Talk about split opinions from both different sides.

4 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

But is it true that only 48% of audiences found TLJ passable or that 90% of audiences found TGS to be near perfect? I think I get what you’re trying to say in terms of legs, but are we deciding that Black Panther will have worse legs than Thor: The Dark World because it’s RT audience score is lower?

at least me or the poster i replied to did not bring that up. i don't there's such a strong correlation as to positively judge legs of any movie based on online scores. but in extreme cases you can see some connection.

Edited by a2knet

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Can someone explain to me why is Audience Score falling like a rock? It was 94% yesterday. 77% early this morning. 76% now. :wtf:

Bots

1 hour ago, ban1o said:

It's racist trolls  lol IT will balane out hopefully. 

Unlikely... unless RT and IMDB do something to stop them and it doesn't look like they have.

But internet audience scores do not matter.  Never have and have less now.  I wish I could ban all talk about them

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

$25M? Wow...what does that mean? Is $200M locked?

No. Don't know for sure that it's less frontloaded than Civil War, and even if it definitely is (it definitely is) that doesn't make 200M locked. Locked is a strong word. Unless you mean 200M 4-day? 

7 minutes ago, a2knet said:

truly ironic that bkb, the only guy who could say those things back then has been laughed out of this forum.

Even more ironic is that BKB was laughed out of this forum for, besides that reason, being a racist douchebag. It's funny to think about that in the weekend thread of potential 3-day 200M opener Black Panther. Life is a box of surprises.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

1 minute ago, The Last AndyLL said:

Bots

Unlikely... unless RT and IMDB do something to stop them and it doesn't look like they have.

But internet audience scores do not matter.  Never have and have less now.  I wish I could ban all talk about them

Still think TLJ's audience reaction wasn't poor?

• Haha 1

Trolls really fucking piss me off. If you haven't seen a damn movie, don't review it and do something else with your time, seriously. You just make yourself look bad.

Also makes it hard for people to share their actual opinions, whether they be good or bad, without the possibility of them being called out as a troll. That's why this forum has got to be one of the best on the internet, because pretty much everyone here likes to share their genuine opinion, and all opinions about movies are accepted.