WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 80) | Black Panther 111.7M | Game Night 17M | Peter Rabbit 12.8M | Annihilation 11.1M | Fifty Shades Freed 7.1M | Jumanji 5.7M

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

R rated comedies still suffering. 3500 cinemas too, eeek. 

Annihilation will have an ok PTA, but I’m sure Paramount are glad they dumped it on Netflix overseas. 

lmao what? Game Night is doing fine.

• Like 1

Fantastic for BP. If it makes 104M+ as Deadline expects, legs are already starting to look better than TA1. 396M+ vs 373M TA1 made another 250M after the weekend, same number gets to 646M. It's very likely to beat Titanic and JW with a shot at 700M. OS is looking at 550-600M. Absolute home run for Marvel!!!

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

I wonder if Fri-Sat is where they part ways with Deadpool being R rated and BP being PG-13 and all. 

It should have better increase on saturday, but sunday can go either way. 

• Like 2

So Panther's Friday increase is 102%, identical to Deadpool. Sets it up for right around $100m weekend. Definitely looks like our Northeast members were correct about the school kids in their area this week. Stronger weekday numbers caused a smaller Friday percentage increase compared to some of the other non-summer MCU films.

That will be something to keep in mind moving forward on any Presidents Day openers...assuming this "winter break" stuff continues for the school kids in the Northeast every year. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, slambros said:

Every Day is looking to open over $3 million this weekend. Orion Pictures released a statement saying they'd be in good shape if it opened anywhere between $3 and $5 million, so I'm looking forward to seeing if it can pull that off.

I read somewhere that if the movie does 10m in the domestic front, that it will trigger some kind of a deal they have going with MGM or some streaming service. so it will be okay investment for them i guess. 

9 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Fantastic for BP. If it makes 104M+ as Deadline expects, legs are already starting to look better than TA1. 396M+ vs 373M TA1 made another 250M after the weekend, same number gets to 646M. It's very likely to beat Titanic and JW with a shot at 700M. OS is looking at 550-600M. Absolute home run for Marvel!!!

The Avengers had a holiday on its fourth weekend though, and benefitted from summer weekdays during the later stages of its run, Black Panther isn't really getting either of those, which might mean that it might lose a bit on TA later on.

BP is also running slightly behind JW at this point, which also had the advantage of summer weekdays, so even if the weekends would be slightly better, weekdays could make up for it. At this point I think it is way too early to say where this is really heading. Thus I wouldn't rank the chances of BP beating JW or Titanic as very likely but rather as possible.

• Like 3

lookin to BOM right now and the top opener of all time showdown lol JW TA and BP are massive  and relativly close together and on the left there is TFA ..... THE ovni i mean look at this only TWO DAYS in the 300's and the 400's..... INSANE....

IMO, talking DOM, Panther has about a 10% chance to catch JW, maybe a 30% chance to beat TLJ. It doesn't get the booster shots from holidays or the summer.

But it's going to settle at around $550m, which will be stupendous.

Edited by SteveJaros

25 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Way too early for this kind of call. TLJ was about $60m ahead of Avengers after 4 weekends due to holiday boost and wasn't able to blow past Avengers total in the end. Panther is about 78% higher than Deadpool's Friday. If that continues, it will come up well short of Jurassic World and Titanic. Potentially less than Avengers. Needs to earn more than double the amount Deadpool earned the rest of the way to reach $660m. 

• Like 2

Lol, this girl I know has been dating this guy for 9 months, they finally went to the movies together last night, and their movie of choice was...Peter Rabbit.

Peter Rabbit violating Brits with carrots. His power.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 2