Alli

Weekend Thread | Estimates per BOM ~ BP 65.7M, RS 17M, DW 13M, GN 10.7M, PR 10M, ANL 5.65M, J:WTTJ 4.5M, FSF 3.3M, TGS 2.68M

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

Black Panther was projected to make 300 million. Let's see what IW does first before burying it.

I'm really struggling to understand the rationale behind keeping IW estimate the same or lower after Black Panther.  No point in back and forths just for the heck of it so I'll leave it at that.  We will see soon enough- I'll be watching IW at a laser IMAX at the air and space museum with 10 people so needless to say we're all pumped to new levels.  Fwiw 2 of those friends are black and unprompted said this "feels" like BP2

Edited by Rumpot
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Well, JW adjusts to 725M :P

I don’t think people realize what a monster JW was. That movie did gangbusters at the box office. That was one of those statement movies for Universal where they flexed their muscles.

• Like 2

DP 2nd Sat jumped 50% and 3rd Sat jumped 60%.

BP 2nd Sat jumped 65% and 3rd Sat would have jumped 78% if it showed the same improvement as BP. It jumped higher at 84%.

39.0% drop on Sunday gives it 500 cume

18.3 (-39%)

= 64.6

Edited by a2knet

Given a base weekend of $65.8 million (-35% on Sat to Sun)

So, next weekend it needs a drop of 44.2% to be the 3rd biggest 4th weekend above The Avengers' $36.7 million

35.7% drop would put it above The Force Awakens' $42.25 million would give it 2nd best 3rd weekend.

And the much more impossible 23.5% drop would put it above Avatar for best 3rd weekend.

My guess is very close to Avengers, but its fun to think how insane it would be if it was possible for it to beat the top 2

• Like 1