Alli

Weekend Thread | Estimates per BOM ~ BP 65.7M, RS 17M, DW 13M, GN 10.7M, PR 10M, ANL 5.65M, J:WTTJ 4.5M, FSF 3.3M, TGS 2.68M

19 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Low key rooting for Game Night more than any other movie since... Thor 3? Nice to see some good holds.

Didn't know you were a racist bud

• Sad 1

Just now, aabattery said:

BP has enough money, please save Rachel McAdams career because I like her face.

She’s one of my girl crushes.

It’s so disheartening to think that of all the franchises that MCU can stick her into, they went with the Cucumber one. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Sam said:

It’s so disheartening to think that of all the franchises that MCU can stick her into, they went with the Cucumber one. 

Doctor Strange is fucking brutal to it's supporting cast. The Stuhlbarg is relegated to getting stuff out of a vending machine in the background of a fight scene. Like, jeez.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

She was offered Pepper and Black Widow lol

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Doctor Strange is fucking brutal to it's supporting cast. The Stuhlbarg is relegated to getting stuff out of a vending machine in the background of a fight scene. Like, jeez.

Must be a subtle indirect vengeance attempt for not getting Joaquin Phoenix for Strange. 

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

Just now, La Binoche said:

She's very well-liked and in demand. She just turns down a lot of movies.

She turned down every role for like three solid years there, had an anxiety issue I think?

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Hollywood really wanted her to be the next box office powerhouse. She and Hathaway were being groomed to take over the romcom genre but both of them decided to stay away for more serious roles for half a decade leading to Hollywood turning to Katherine Heigl leading directly to the death of the romcom as a genre. 

Hathway and McAdams could have saved an entire genre :thinking:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

She’s beautiful, talented and a very down to earth, likable actress.

Her career choices though, are a bit more on the questionable side.

That, or because Marvel was too persistent about getting her with those offers, that she finally just accepted that thankless role just to shut them up lol.

• Like 1

+150% jump is great. 

Deadpool jumped 130% and ended up dropping -45% third weekend. Considering how Saturdays has been such a powerhouse for Panther the past weekends, I can see the trend continues. And that would put it at a very high chance for sub-40% drop.

• Like 7