Alli

Weekend Thread | Estimates per BOM ~ BP 65.7M, RS 17M, DW 13M, GN 10.7M, PR 10M, ANL 5.65M, J:WTTJ 4.5M, FSF 3.3M, TGS 2.68M

Just now, StevenG said:

Jennifer Jason Leigh Leigh, Mary Stuart Masterson, Mary Louise Parker...three actresses who I always mistook for each other in the nineties...

Yes, the two Mary's for sure....didn't help that they were both in Fried Green Tomatoes together :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, commendable said:

im calling 20m friday

Also there is 0 point to watching the oscars these days, just look at reddit for who won what and look at the highlights the next day. You aren't missing shit

You need someone funny like Ricky Gervais to present it and take every pretentious actor down a few notches whilst doing it. He was golden presenting the globes 

• Like 2

Ahh the oscars. Overprivileged people showering other overprivileged people with awards on who had the most pretentious performances in their overprivileged field.

It's one percenters patting themselves on the back for 3 hours. The only reason to watch is if there is a movie or person you are rooting for.

1 minute ago, Jessie said:

You need someone funny like Ricky Gervais to present it and take every pretentious actor down a few notches whilst doing it. He was golden presenting the globes 

He's not funny though - just rude and unlikable.  If he had more charm, skill or likability he'd have the audience laughing with him and even at themselves even as the insults flew but instead he's cringe making and makes one feel sorry for his targets.

• Like 4

Was bored so saw Black Panther again. It''s crazy how busy it was.

Black Panther is truly a cultural event like the first Avengers was, except BP will end up meaning so much more.

I can't overstate how much of an impact BP is making after seeing grown men and women in tears, and happy black kids seeing a superhero lead that finally looks like them.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, trifle said:

I'll be watching for this....

Why not just repeat the 5 past winners praising each nominee thing they had done in... 2009, was it? That was nice. I guess they need to save a few more minutes for generic montages.

55 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Was bored so saw Black Panther again. It''s crazy how busy it was.

Was going to see Red Sparrow but timing worked better to see Black Panther again. I seemed to have more of a reaction tonight then I did opening night. One particular line (you know which one) got some claps which was powerful to see.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Black Panther is truly a cultural event like the first Avengers was, except BP will end up meaning so much more.

I can't overstate how much of an impact BP is making after seeing grown men and women in tears, and happy black kids seeing a superhero lead that finally looks like them.

And this is happening on a global scale.

How many cultural events in the last 40 years have done the same for blacks globally?

• Like 2