Alli

Weekend Thread | Estimates per BOM ~ BP 65.7M, RS 17M, DW 13M, GN 10.7M, PR 10M, ANL 5.65M, J:WTTJ 4.5M, FSF 3.3M, TGS 2.68M

1 hour ago, Jake Gittes said:

If I watch the Oscars it'll just be out of habit and to see James Ivory win for CMBYN and Deakins either win or lose again. 

I'll be watching for this....

Edited by trifle
  • Like 5

Also there is 0 point to watching the oscars these days, just look at reddit for who won what and look at the highlights the next day. You aren't missing shit

The only thing you are missing is the massive amount of commercials and more Hollywood worshiping JLaw.

Saw Red Sparrow today.  Really enjoyed it.  Definite throwback to a time gone by.  Reminded me of 80's espionage stuff like Gorky Park and Osterman Weekend.  Jlaw is terrific and so is Joel Edgerton.  But perhaps my fave performance in the film is the 15 minutes Charlotte Rampling is in it.

8.5/10

• Like 6
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, baumer said:

Saw Red Sparrow today.  Really enjoyed it.  Definite throwback to a time gone by.  Reminded me of 80's espionage stuff like Gorky Park and Osterman Weekend.  Jlaw is terrific and so is Joel Edgerton.  But perhaps my fave performance in the film is the 15 minutes Charlotte Rampling is in it.

8.5/10

Saw it as well and enjoyed it. It was a bit confusing at some points, but everything comes together by the ending. Enjoyed seeing Jennifer Jason Leigh (oops MaryLouise Parker... point still holds.. lol) Her character was...shall I say? Tragic. 

Edited by Ms Lady Hawk
  • Like 2

Just now, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Saw it as well and enjoyed it. It was a bit confusing at some points, but everything comes together by the ending. Enjoyed seeing Jennifer Jason Leigh. Hadn’t seen her in a while. Her character was...shall I say? Tragic. 

Jennifer Jason Leigh wasn't in this.  Do you mean Mary Louise Parker?

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Jennifer Jason Leigh wasn't in this.  Do you mean Mary Louise Parker?

Thank you! Yes, I did. I corrected the post. I confused the two. Seems everyone had secrets in the movie. Wished they got more into Nate’s background though. Other than that, no real complaints.

• Like 3