Alli

Weekend Thread | Estimates per BOM ~ BP 65.7M, RS 17M, DW 13M, GN 10.7M, PR 10M, ANL 5.65M, J:WTTJ 4.5M, FSF 3.3M, TGS 2.68M

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

Dreamworks capitalising off that Oscar nom and got to work quick

1. Why?

2. That animation is TERRIBLE

3. Whoever they got to replace Baldwin and Kudrow have terrible impersonations of them

4. Plot-wise, this doesn't even make any sense. The Boss Baby decides to become a normal baby at the end of the movie. WHY WOULD HE GO BACK TO TALKING???

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

Dreamworks capitalising off that Oscar nom and got to work quick

They're doing a Captain Underpants series this year too.

And that HTTYD show just aired its eighth and final season.

Edited by cookie

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

lol at their already low predictions for Rampage going significantly lower this week. If that completely bombs can we officially say RIP to the video game movie genre? Cause if even Dwayne Johnson can't make it work...

Original Tomb Raider was a video game and hit...technically Angry Birds as an App game is another one (over $350M on $73M budget is pretty awesome)...hits are there to be made, if anyone gives a da$n to figure out what in that game inspired the love for the game and can be turned into a workable flick...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

1. Why?

2. That animation is TERRIBLE

3. Whoever they got to replace Baldwin and Kudrow have terrible impersonations of them

4. Plot-wise, this doesn't even make any sense. The Boss Baby decides to become a normal baby at the end of the movie. WHY WOULD HE GO BACK TO TALKING???

This is a boon for conspiracy theorists. This is what makes people believe in conspiracy theories. Whole world is a ticking bomb, ready to explode at any time. 

18 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

That’s too bad. It was an awful movie in my opinion. I just couldn’t get why a woman would sleep with a fish. She was relatively easy (desperate) too.  Love is love, I guess. 

Not a lot of fish in the sea.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

That’s too bad. It was an awful movie in my opinion. I just couldn’t get why a woman would sleep with a fish. She was relatively easy (desperate) too.  Love is love, I guess. 

They're both kind of childlike innocents/outcasts so it was less jarring than I thought it would be. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

They're both kind of childlike innocents/outcasts so it was less jarring than I thought it would be. 

Also she's literally a fish-lady herself -- albeit one who looks almost entirely human.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

Here in New England today, it's really blustery outside. Not sure it'll affect box office business, but it's noticeable. It's supposed to be like that all weekend as well.  

Lots of power outages in the Northern Virginia/DC/Maryland area.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

Russia it opens on May 31st, Avengers 3 opens on May 3rd.

4 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Was April 26 just recently. A complete anomaly for a major Hollywood release to be released three months later than in the States, only really happens with awards contenders. It'll 100% be available to pirate by that point too. I wonder if they're low-key trying to purge it from the schedule entirely in the end. 

I had thought they were originally scheduled at the same time.  I'm glad they aren't, although I'm not happy RS is pushed back so far it will clearly have been leaked already.

2 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

Well, Russians aren't presented very well in it either to be honest, but you are right :)

Three of the four sympathetic characters in the movie are Russian.  The GOVERNMENT isn't presented very well....

Saw it, loved it, and am much more confident the number it will end the weekend with will start with a '$2'.  I missed my show last night so I went to an afternoon show today - at 1pm.  I don't usually go to those, but are they usually full when it isn't a holiday?  Part of the entertainment was watching this one guy who clearly didn't have a real ticket getting bounced from his seat about eight times by people who did have tickets, each time having to move closer to the screen, until he ended up in the corner of the front row.

When I left, the manager was talking to the ushers about how the crowd and been, and whether it should be moved to a bigger screen.

All in all, a very satisfactory screening experience!

31 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

Hide contents

Also she's literally a fish-lady herself -- albeit one who looks almost entirely human.

Why did I click on this? Why did I do that to myself?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Fish love genre is booming, Aquaman this year too

• Haha 1