grim22

90th Annual Academy Awards | Live Discussion Thread | Ceremony starts now

17/24

I wanted Three Billboards to win(-1).   Thought it would win screenplay too(-2).  Voted Dunkirk for cinematography on a figurative coin toss(-3)... I thought Shape of Water was going to grab alot of votes with that and Editing. 

I did not think the sports doping documentary would win(-4), but I thought Heroine was going to win by alot(-5).

missed Phantom Thread with costumes(-6).  Went with Shape of Water... and put Phantom Thread for score(-7).

71% 

"We were asked to write a song for this year’s Academy Awards… Unfortunately, it wasn’t chosen because it was 'financially and logistically impossible.  So for fun we thought we’d share the rough storyboards of what would have been a fully shot, star-studded music video of exorbitant cost." - Lonely Island

15 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

"We were asked to write a song for this year’s Academy Awards… Unfortunately, it wasn’t chosen because it was 'financially and logistically impossible.  So for fun we thought we’d share the rough storyboards of what would have been a fully shot, star-studded music video of exorbitant cost." - Lonely Island

I really needed to see Fassbender talking about Snowman. 

2 hours ago, Gamera said:

I was pretty sure when Kimmel made some joke about VP Pence that ratings would be in the toilet.

All the subjects in Hollywood to poke at and mock and he chooses Pence?

Was there a single joke at any Democrat's expense?

That's not why people don't watch.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2018 at 7:48 AM, VGPOP said:

The Academy Awards is not what it used to be. Ratings are going way down. Bringing Kimmel back isn't helping either, IMO. I won't be surprised if this year's ratings go below 30 million.

That hasn't happened......ever. (at least since tracking began)

Numbers are in.... 26.5 million viewers....The lowest number ever.

Damn....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VGPOP said:

Numbers are in.... 26.5 million viewers....The lowest number ever.

Damn....

Serves them right; they keep snubbing well reviewed blockbusters like Logan, Wonder Woman and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, while rewarding the same dull films that audiences at large don't care about. Didn't they expand the BP slots to make way for big hits? Now they simply name nine or ten boring movies instead of the usual five. Hence the diminishing ratings...

Edited by StevenG

9 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Serves them right; they keep snubbing well reviewed blockbusters like Logan, Wonder Woman and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, while rewarding the same dull films that audiences at large don't care about. Didn't they expand the BP slots to make way for big hits? Now they simply name nine or ten boring movies instead of the usual five. Hence the diminishing ratings...

If they really choose they dumbest/awful GOTG2, i will rather them just to have Box office mojo Awards show......Come on, there is a much better choice of SH films like upcoming IW, why must they picked the worst one? 

• Like 1

interesting they lost that many million viewers from last year.  It seems free publicity for this year had unlimited potential unless this potential was cornered and censored.  However, maybe movies were the theme this weekend and people did something else movie or not movie related.  Also, maybe this year brought upon an anti-movie sentiment where movies were still the theme, but it was just about ignoring them.  Cannot figure that one out yet. 

This was lame. Have no problem with winner, even if I wished that PT and CMBYN won more. Nothing including winners and losers stood out from this ceremony other than wins for peele and deakins. GG was more political in a good way, had more epic speeches too. Happy that remember me won. Coco should have been nominated in more categories. All the talk about blockbusters not getting nominated and animation is left out. Every year there is some animated movie that can be nominated in main categories without raising some eyebrows while also making good money.