The Panda

BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time: 2018 Edition - DEADLINE IS TODAY! SEND A LIST!

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Don't know how this didn't make my top 20, guess I just forgot? One of my most re watched films I would say.

Did you watch T2 in cinema Baumer? The opening credits were spectacular.

Remember this thread

And of course I saw T2 in theatres.  Incredible experience.

• Like 1

I am realizing that this list of mine looks very different each year... ah whatever ;)

1. The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring

2. Titanic

3. The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers

4. The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King

5. Brokeback Mountain

6. Jaws

7. Little Miss Sunshine

8. Halloween

9. The Godfather

10. The Lion King

11. Sophie Scholl - Die letzten Tage

12. Schindler's List

13. Downfall

14. The Departed

15. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

16. The Beauty and the Beast (1991)

17. The Queen

18. United 93

19. E.T.

20. Home Alone

21. Forrest Gump

22. 12 Angry Men

23. The Green Mile 

24. Murder on the Orient Express (1974)

25. Saving Private Ryan

26. Revolutionary Road

27. The Dark Knight

28. Inception

29. Wild

30. Zodiac

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, baumer said:

Remember this thread

And of course I saw T2 in theatres.  Incredible experience.

I caught it last year in 3D, incredible. Yeah I remember that thread, the more I think about it the more matrix moves up my list... god I've seen it so many times.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, baumer said:

Awesome list @ShouldIBeHere

Jaws top ten is awesome.

Halloween

The Dark Knight

E.T.

Awesome!

I thought about what movies I simply cannot skip when I catch them on TV... and I cannot skip any of those, especially not Jaws and Halloween despite the fact that I know they will keep me up ;)

Was thinking about also adding Scream, as that one really started my interest in horror movies. But Halloween is the much more perfected choice in the end. 

• Like 1

Great idea baumer! Here's my current top 15, with a short desc. Things might still move around but it gives a good idea

1. LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring (2001) - This is where it begins. Like baumer said, Boromir's final scene never fails to amaze me. Such wonderful and emotional directing.

2. LOTR: Two Towers (2002) - Somehow, this middle chapter feels like it has a satisfying beginning, middle, and ending. Amazing editing between the 3 stories. Sam's speech at the end :wub:

3. LOTR: Return of the King (2003) - Although its narrative heft isn't on par with the 2 others, ROTK is a killer ending to the best and most consistent movie series ever made.

4. The Matrix (1999) - A movie which re-defined the action genre as much as The Matrix did had no right having such a great script. But somehow, it did! Sci-fi Action at its absolute best.

5. Pulp Fiction (1994) - Tarantino sure knows how to make wonders out of mundane dialogue.

6. GoodFellas (1990) - The movie which Scorcese would continuously plagiarize himself over in order to replicate. That's how good it is.

7. Pan's Labyrinth (2006) - Guillermo Del Toro described this movie as a "dark fairy tale for adults". I dare say he absolutely nailed it. 

8. Mulholland Drive (2001) - The more I watch this movie, the more it rises in my rankings. This quintessential mindfuck packs a wallop. 

9. Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) - Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator is just pure casting bliss.

10. Inglourious Basterds (2009) - Tarantino is apparently also a master of tension.

11. Schindler's List (1993) - This movie is recently getting brigaded on IDMb by holocaust deniers. That kinda reminds me why the holocaust was made possible. Humans made it possible.

12. Casablanca (1942) - La Marseillaise... jesus christ

13. Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015) - The relaunch that reinvigorated the Star Wars mania that was dormant for so many years... The magic is back!

14. Inception (2010) - Nolan works his magic. A bit heavy on the exposition, but who cares? You'll need an alarm clock to snap out of this one.

15. The Godfather (1972) - Coppola or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Make the Mafia Likable. How this movie manages to work is still a mystery to me, but boy does it work!

I wish I could just combine the 3 LOTR together, but in this top, they are considered separate movies, so I will provide #16 and #17 as well as if LOTR was #1 :P

16. Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) - The grand classic, the one that started it all. I can never get tired of this movie.

17. Whiplash (2015) - A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

13. Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015) - The relaunch that reinvigorated the Star Wars mania that was dormant for so many years... The magic is back!

ah, the consensus! touché

The genius of LOTR is not only that it's an amazing series, but it literally united people who absolutely love the books (my spouse) with people who find them unreadable messy dreck (me).  I can't name another famous book series who pulled that kinda Herculean task off:)...

• Like 3

Really struggling to find 100 movies that I love let alone ranking them. I'm gonna have to dig deep to remember what I've even seen lol. Also a good excuse to watch some good films.

8 minutes ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

Really struggling to find 100 movies that I love let alone ranking them. I'm gonna have to dig deep to remember what I've even seen lol. Also a good excuse to watch some good films.

hell I probably don't even know the name of dozens of films I've watched, due to watching something just because it was on tv.

3 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Great idea baumer! Here's my current top 15, with a short desc. Things might still move around but it gives a good idea

1. LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring (2001) - This is where it begins. Like baumer said, Boromir's final scene never fails to amaze me. Such wonderful and emotional directing.

2. LOTR: Two Towers (2002) - Somehow, this middle chapter feels like it has a satisfying beginning, middle, and ending. Amazing editing between the 3 stories. Sam's speech at the end :wub:

3. LOTR: Return of the King (2003) - Although its narrative heft isn't on par with the 2 others, ROTK is a killer ending to the best and most consistent movie series ever made.

4. The Matrix (1999) - A movie which re-defined the action genre as much as The Matrix did had no right having such a great script. But somehow, it did! Sci-fi Action at its absolute best.

5. Pulp Fiction (1994) - Tarantino sure knows how to make wonders out of mundane dialogue.

6. GoodFellas (1990) - The movie which Scorcese would continuously plagiarize himself over in order to replicate. That's how good it is.

7. Pan's Labyrinth (2006) - Guillermo Del Toro described this movie as a "dark fairy tale for adults". I dare say he absolutely nailed it. 

8. Mulholland Drive (2001) - The more I watch this movie, the more it rises in my rankings. This quintessential mindfuck packs a wallop. 

9. Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) - Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator is just pure casting bliss.

10. Inglourious Basterds (2009) - Tarantino is apparently also a master of tension.

11. Schindler's List (1993) - This movie is recently getting brigaded on IDMb by holocaust deniers. That kinda reminds me why the holocaust was made possible. Humans made it possible.

12. Casablanca (1942) - La Marseillaise... jesus christ

14. Inception (2010) - Nolan works his magic. A bit heavy on the exposition, but who cares? You'll need an alarm clock to snap out of this one.

15. The Godfather (1972) - Coppola or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Make the Mafia Likable. How this movie manages to work is still a mystery to me, but boy does it work!

I wish I could just combine the 3 LOTR together, but in this top, they are considered separate movies, so I will provide #16 and #17 as well as if LOTR was #1 :P

16. Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) - The grand classic, the one that started it all. I can never get tired of this movie.

17. Whiplash (2015) - A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

Some very good taste!

Happy to see Pan's Labyritnth so high in someone's list. The movie is a masterpiece. (And Guillermo's best by far! )

• Thanks 1