The Panda

BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time: 2018 Edition - DEADLINE IS TODAY! SEND A LIST!

3 hours ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

That’s fair enough, I’ll go ahead and throw your list back in.  Your logic doesn’t make sense to me but you at least explained your opinion.  I could see it similar to somebody who’s favorite sports team is whichever team is performing the best that year.

I agree.  His methods are different than the rest of us but there's no rule that says you can't submit a list based on his logic.  

• Like 1

That being said I don't go to art galleries and tell everyone how meaningless the paintings are and all that matters is how much you could flog them for on the black market :redcapes:

My list for people to throw darts at ;)

Spoiler

2018 Top 100

1 Star Wars A New Hope

2 The Matrix

3 The Empire Strikes Back

4 Raiders of the Lost Ark

5 The Last of the Mohicans (1992)

6 Saving Private Ryan

7 POTC Curse of the Black Pearl

8 Glory (1989 civil war)

9 Edge of Tomorrow

10 Star Trek (2009)

11 Die Hard

11 Field of Dreams

11 Gladiator (2000)

11 LOTR Fellowship of the Ring

11 The Hunt for Red October

11 Titanic

16 Batman Begins

16 Bourne Identity

16 Inception

16 Indiana Jones The Last Crusade

16 Terminator

16 Terminator II

16 The Green Mile

16 The Lion King

16 The Return of the Jedi

16 Transformers

26 Dead Poets Society

26 Finding Nemo

26 How to Train Your Dragon

26 Jurassic Park

26 Mad Max: Fury Road

26 Shrek

26 The Dark Knight

26 The Good the Bad and the Ugly

26 The Sixth Sense

26 The Untouchables

36 300

36 A Few Good Men

36 A Knight's Tale

36 Batman (1989)

36 Inside Out

36 Interstellar

36 LOTR The Two Towers

36 Marvel's the Avengers

36 National Treasure

36 One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

36 Rogue One

36 The Incredibles

36 The Jungle Book (1967)

36 The Rock

51 3:10 to Yuma (2007)

51 Aladdin

51 Apollo 13

51 Avatar

51 Beverly Hills Cop

51 Father of the Bride

51 Gettysburg

51 Ghostbusters

51 Gremlins

51 Kingdom of Heaven

51 Kung Fu Panda

51 Man of Steel

51 Men in Black

51 Mulan

51 My Name is Nobody

51 North by Northwest

51 Once Upon a Time in the West

51 Outbreak

51 Predator

51 Spider-Man

51 Star Trek IV: The Undiscovered Country

51 The Dark Knight Rises

51 The Fugitive (1993)

51 The Usual Suspects

51 Tombstone

76 Back to the Future

76 Chef

76 Django Unchained

76 Gravity

76 Heat

76 Home Alone

76 Hoosiers

76 Inglourious Basterds

76 Kingsman: The Secret Service

76 Lincoln

76 Moneyball

76 Now You See Me

76 Oblivion

76 Rambo First Blood

76 RED

76 Remember the Titans

76 The Last Samurai

76 The Martian

76 The Prestige

76 The Prince of Egypt

76 The Shawshank Redemption

76 The Wizard of Oz

76 Top Gun

76 Unforgiven

76 Zootopia

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

I agree.  His methods are different than the rest of us but there's no rule that says you can't submit a list based on his logic.  

Ah, the "ain't no rule says a dog can't play basketball" principle

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Ah, the "ain't no rule says a dog can't play basketball" principle

He made his case.  I don't care either way if the list is allowed or not.  But he at least believes in what he is submitting.

I'll throw his list in last and I'll monitor closely how it changes things.  If it appears to be altering the list in major way (which given the current list, I don't believe it will) I'll come in and ask for second opinions.

Either way, this whole list compilation is for fun, and I do want it to be a measurement of this forums opinions.  He is apart of the forum, and it does appear like it is his opinion.

Edited by Critically Acclaimed Panda
  • Like 5

I don't think his list is really going to affect things all that much.  Is anyone else really going to have Twilight and Transformers sequels on their list?  Titanic and Avatar will people's lists already and as Panda said, this is for fun.  And we might not agree with his methods, but based on what he is saying, he believes that his list is a true representation of how he he feels.  

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm with TOG on this one. Are you guys fucking serious? What part of any of that drivel made you think JCS was being in the slightest bit sincere about his 'opinion'? He's just doing the exact same wannabe-intellectual trolling schtick that he always does. His literal 'argument' is 'I C&Ped the Top 100 highest grossing films because I wanted my 'opinion' (aka, a subjective medium) to be based on objective facts.... but not objective facts related to actual quality like a movie's measured critical score or audience reaction or even BO legs, because that wouldn't put Cameron films in first.' What part of that strikes you remotely as credible?

Hell, I don't even really give two shits about the eventual final list and/or whether his gets included in the tally, I'm just annoyed that you seem to be accepting his clearly insincere reasoning.

• Like 4

I suppose someone can have the personality of a jerk without being a troll. If you are a 100% straight-faced jerk then you indeed do not always have to fit the modern definition of being a troll since your behavior is so ingrained in your personal self identity that you are not always being deliberately offensive or provocative when you say something that for most other people would sound provocative. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that some people are just too caught up in themselves to be aware of how their behavior is actually pretty crappy by most people's standards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rukaio101 said:

His literal 'argument' is 'I C&Ped the Top 100 highest grossing films because I wanted my 'opinion' (aka, a subjective medium) to be based on objective facts.... but not objective facts related to actual quality like a movie's measured critical score or audience reaction or even BO legs, because that wouldn't put Cameron films in first.' What part of that strikes you remotely as credible?

This is extremely weak.

1. If he wanted to put Jim films first he could have anyway and it would have caused less fuzz

2. Those "objective facts" you listed aren't objective

To quote JCS.. is this the state of education.. or something

• Haha 2

I just personally feel that he is telling the truth.  I don't agree with his logic but who am I to say what his top 100 should look like.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I feel like you guys are making this a lot more complicated than it needs to be. 

I agree. I don't understand why some people are so mad about my list.

27 minutes ago, baumer said:

I just personally feel that he is telling the truth.  I don't agree with his logic but who am I to say what his top 100 should look like.

I can only surmise that we have a lot of totalitarians around here, there seems to be some people who really do love telling others how and what to think. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Yeah on second thought maybe allow The Last Jedi the points it'd get from being #9 and throw out the rest

I have not been around in a while and I come back to see the Cameron trolls pulling another stunt -_-

And what Jake :o

You liked The Last Jedi ?

Edited by RascarCapat