Alli

Weekend Thread: Weekend estimates pg 38...BP 41.14....WIT 33.31

31 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Everyday watching Panther’s run brings joy to my heart. The film deserves every penny. It’s amazing that it’ll do more than IW domestic and may go over $700M, which only Avatar and TFA has done. Hope it can reach $1.4B.

That's an oddly specfic number, any reason for it?

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

That's an oddly specfic number, any reason for it?

It’d be the second highest grossing CBM WW, I don’t think it has enough steam for $1.5B so I’m settling with 2nd.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Ragnarok finally hit 315M on Friday. 

xWk95.gif

Old Disney movies reminds me that Coco opens in Japan next week. It's currently at 745mil. What's the chance it passes WW's 821mil.

Edited by Ledmonkey96
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

10 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

32 mil seems low. This is a kids movie. Why would it be frontloaded? It's not like A Wrinkle in Time has a "devoted fanbase" in the traditional sense. 

32 wouldn't be front-loaded,

1.2 + 9 + 13 (+44.5%) + 8.9 (-31.5%) = 32.1

Edited by a2knet

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

32 wouldn't be front-loaded,

1.2 + 9 + 13 (+44.5%) + 8.9 (-31.5%) = 32.1

I guess my question is...why wouldn't it increase as much as they're predicting Black Panther to increase?

Yeah I don't see how 32mil would be unsually frontloaded? It's not an animated film, the chances of it going up 60% are very slim. Listen anything is possible and maybe I'm wrong yet again but I honestly don't think that the word of mouth is there. I could easily see it going up only like 20%. Wouldn't bat an eyelash at that increase.

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Going for a more obvious gif myself:

tenor.gif?itemid=9457011

(Not as much of a fan of the movie as --almost-- everyone else, but hey, nearly 100M more than the shitty Dark World is a great increase.)

Nearly 100M more? You mean over 100M more...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Even with animated films, look no further than five months ago to see how weak reviews can affect legs of a property aimed at girls. Granted that may have been more fan driven but still...

I agree that animated films are not immune. I just keep thinking that if the word of mouth was good, why didn't Wrinkle do better on Friday? 10.2mil after 1.3mil late shows is weak. I just have yet to see any proof that the film is a fav. Other poorly reviewed films that audiences loved showed signs of the split. I mean cinemascore is useless but the fact that Wrinkle couldn't even score a B+ is troublesome. I know Deadline is saying that kids liked it more but kids like everything more, that doesn't mean that long legs are coming. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6

2 hours ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Old Disney movies reminds me that Coco opens in Japan next week. It's currently at 745mil. What's the chance it passes WW's 821mil.

I doubt it but Japan is unpredictable. Crazier things have happened.

(And if it did, people here will argue its not *that* diverse.)

2 hours ago, iHeartJames said:

I'll still never forget how torrent sites had a torrent link for Black Panther a couple hours after the midnight screening. I never seen a torrent site have an MCU movie up so fast

I remember Avengers being torrented a week before it’s donestic release (because of course it opened overseas first)

2 hours ago, aabattery said:

Ragnarok finally hit 315M on Friday. 

xWk95.gif

What a milestone. Someone should alert Taika of this achievement to get his reaction. 

• Like 1