Alli

Weekend Thread: Weekend estimates pg 38...BP 41.14....WIT 33.31

4 minutes ago, RRA said:

I remember Avengers being torrented a week before it’s donestic release (because of course it opened overseas first)

Theres something seriously wrong with th

ose who watch cam rips... the quality is so damn awful. You would think they would forget this is a visual medium.

It's almost like reading a book thats been put through multiple google translations then translated back to English.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 8

7th superhero movie to cross the mark; 5th MCU after both Avengers, Civil War and Iron Man 3; 4th solo movie after Iron Man 3, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises (I refuse to call Civil War solo).

Who ever thought to themselves, when they saw this guy 1st pop up in Civil War... or hell, when Feige announced the Panther solo movie to begin with, that this would smash through 1B w/ease like it did? Epic performance.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 12
  • Astonished 1

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

7th superhero movie to cross the mark; 5th MCU after both Avengers, Civil War and Iron Man 3; 3rd solo movie after Iron Man 3, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises (I refuse to call Civil War solo).

Who ever thought to themselves, when they saw this guy 1st pop up in Civil War... or hell, when Feige announced the Panther solo movie to begin with, that this would smash through 1B w/ease like it did? Epic performance.

DX25W8bWsAEizs_.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14
  • Astonished 4
  • Sad 2
  • ...wtf 6
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

7th superhero movie to cross the mark; 5th MCU after both Avengers, Civil War and Iron Man 3; 3rd solo movie after Iron Man 3, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises (I refuse to call Civil War solo).

Only a matter of time before fatigue kicks in. Any second now...

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Theres something seriously wrong with th

ose who watch cam rips... the quality is so damn awful. You would think they would forget this is a visual medium.

It's almost like reading a book thats been put through multiple google translations then translated back to English.

Yeah...I seriously don't get it, unless it's something like Baywatch, but in that case why bother because...it's Baywatch. 

13 minutes ago, Treetanic said:

Only a matter of time before fatigue kicks in. Any second now...

Black Panther 2 to open under Ant-Man’s OW.

That’ll show them. Maybe your prediction is just ahead of its time. 

well there is only about 75-80m left for china to give after a 24m opening day, maybe a little bit higher. Would push it to 500m OS. I highly doubt it can make another 115. I see Black panther making 675m Domestically probably, plus a 550 OS makes it to 1.225 billion. Not sure about 1.3billion considering China anymore

Edited by commendable

2 minutes ago, commendable said:

well there is only about 75-80m left for china to give after a 24m opening day, maybe a little bit higher. Would push it to 500m OS. I highly doubt it can make another 115. I see Black panther making 675m Domestically probably, plus a 550 OS makes it to 1.225 billion

Americans really love their superhero movies

• Thanks 1

Marvel Phase 3 has been great so far in terms of quality and box-office. Even in terms of racial and female representation I feel they really improved. Between Spider-man Homecoming, Civil War, Black Panther and Thor Ranagnorak female characters and ethnic minorities, and  particularly women of color were given a lot more to do. 

Hopefully asian actors can get more representation. Captain Marvel is looking great for racial diversity so far! I'm also surprisingly hyped for Ant-man and Wasp. Hopefully they are both great films.  To be honest I'm probably the odd one out in not being that hyped for Infinity War because it just feels so convoluted with too many characters lol. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

From my total ignorance, Is there any Marvel asian main super hero? (not just a side friend of the main protagonist or something similar) 

Sun Wukong 

26 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

From my total ignorance, Is there any Marvel asian main super hero? (not just a side friend of the main protagonist or something similar) 

asian characters in general are Sparce in both marvel and DC but especially Marvel. It is why I believe people campaigned really hard to make Iron Fist asian in the Netflix show and why people were annoyed with changing the ancient one to a white woman. 

2 minutes ago, ban1o said:

asian characters in general are Sparce in both marvel and DC but especially Marvel. It is why I believe people campaigned really hard to make Iron Fist asian in the Netflix show and why people were annoyed with changing the ancient one to a white woman. 

It looks like Marvel is aware of the issue and are introducing new characters soon to take advantage of the massive Asian markets.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/marvel-creates-chinese-superheroes-to-draw-asia-fans-1.3756608