Alli

Weekend Thread: Weekend estimates pg 38...BP 41.14....WIT 33.31

1 hour ago, commendable said:

well there is only about 75-80m left for china to give after a 24m opening day, maybe a little bit higher. Would push it to 500m OS. I highly doubt it can make another 115. I see Black panther making 675m Domestically probably, plus a 550 OS makes it to 1.225 billion. Not sure about 1.3billion considering China anymore

It's gonna do more than just 50m more OS-China given that it did 56m last weekend alone. It's at 420 with Friday from China included. China's gonna add about 80 more (for a total of 100 from China). That would take the OS to 500. As I said its gonna do more than just 50 more from remaining OS territories. So 675 DOM plus 575-600 OS will give 1.25 to 1.275 billion final gross. It could touch 1.3 billion if OS territories continues to show good hold and if it gets to 700 million domestically

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

It's gonna do more than just 50m more OS-China given that it did 56m last weekend alone. It's at 420 with Friday from China included. China's gonna add about 80 more (for a total of 100 from China). That would take the OS to 500. As I said its gonna do more than just 50 more from remaining OS territories. So 675 DOM plus 575-600 OS will give 1.25 to 1.275 billion final gross. It could touch 1.3 billion if OS territories continues to show good hold and if it gets to 700 million domestically

And 675 dom is low too now. Just 113 away after a 41 weekend. Deadpool's legs take it close to 690 and it's been trending better. 690 + 585 = 1275 ww or more imo.

• Like 1

Ugh sometimes customers are so frustrating to the point where they don't make sense.

So we had an opera this morning that I worked alone with the manager, and we made coffee ahead of time considering everyone who comes is pretty much over 70. And this lady comes out with her coffee asking for a ''refund because it is lukewarm''. And you know, I didn't necessarily agree because I poured it straight from the pot and it was steaming but you know, to each their own. I do not mind refunding a 1.50 coffee.

And so I just decided to ask if she wanted me to make her a fresh pot because I was going to put one on. So she asked what kind of coffee it was and I showed her the label, saying ''it's just the same one you have there'' and she's like ''oh well I don't know what it tastes like it's too hot to drink'' 

190f4j7jji9bhjpg.jpg 

• Haha 12
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

11 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Ugh sometimes customers are so frustrating to the point where they don't make sense.

So we had an opera this morning that I worked alone with the manager, and we made coffee ahead of time considering everyone who comes is pretty much over 70. And this lady comes out with her coffee asking for a ''refund because it is lukewarm''. And you know, I didn't necessarily agree because I poured it straight from the pot and it was steaming but you know, to each their own. I do not mind refunding a 1.50 coffee.

And so I just decided to ask if she wanted me to make her a fresh pot because I was going to put one on. So she asked what kind of coffee it was and I showed her the label, saying ''it's just the same one you have there'' and she's like ''oh well I don't know what it tastes like it's too hot to drink'' 

190f4j7jji9bhjpg.jpg 

should have told her

source.gif

• Haha 6

Another Panther "miracle" win next week? Tomb Raider...hmmm...if it gets the standard 20-25M That non-CBM releases average these days, it's got NO shot.

But if it can lure enough of the guys away from Panther, and take it up to the high 30's and low 40's, that SHOULD do it. 

It's just too close to call right now. But it's late Friday, and the analysts are telling me that Tomb Raider is beating Panther by 1.5 million...😂...and sure to win the weekend...come on...

If I was a betting man, the next heavy hitter is Ready Player One. Panther remains #1, dominating these weak mid-20's releases until it gets smashed by Ready Player One. 

Edited by OdinSon2k14
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, meriodejaneiro said:

From my total ignorance, Is there any Marvel asian main super hero? (not just a side friend of the main protagonist or something similar) 

If you want "main" heroes who have been around "forever", and not just new introductions in the last few years, you have 2 famous X-Men - Sunfire (Shiro Yoshida), around since 1970, and Jubilee (Jubilation Lee), around since 1989...there are more who have also been around awhile, but maybe not as top flight...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

So basically, the only movie that is gonna hurt Black Panther s legs is Avengers Infinity War.

:ca:

Avengers will be coming in during BP’s 11th weekend. BP would have made most of its money by then anyways. Deadpool made only 2 more million after its 11th weekend and Avengers made 10 more million. So the impact will be minimal at best. 

Infact it could help BP and give it a late boost with double showings and people wanting to watch BP again before/after watching Avengers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

If you want "main" heroes who have been around "forever", and not just new introductions in the last few years, you have 2 famous X-Men - Sunfire (Shiro Yoshida), around since 1970, and Jubilee (Jubilation Lee), around since 1989...there are more who have also been around awhile, but maybe not as top flight...

Theres a new version of the Incredible Hulk, "Incredibly Awesome Hulk" or something, and the human alter ego is an Asian kid.

1 hour ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Another Panther "miracle" win next week? Tomb Raider...hmmm...if it gets the standard 20-25M That non-CBM releases average these days, it's got NO shot.

But if it can lure enough of the guys away from Panther, and take it up to the high 30's and low 40's, that SHOULD do it. 

It's just too close to call right now. But it's late Friday, and the analysts are telling me that Tomb Raider is beating Panther by 1.5 million...😂...and sure to win the weekend...come on...

If I was a betting man, the next heavy hitter is Ready Player One. Panther remains #1, dominating these weak mid-20's releases until it gets smashed by Ready Player One. 

What’s interesting is twitter reactions that apparently TR is decent? Which might mean nothing, but if WB had a solid blockbuster and their marketing guru botched the selling of it, somebody should slap them with a trout.

27 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Theres a new version of the Incredible Hulk, "Incredibly Awesome Hulk" or something, and the human alter ego is an Asian kid.

Amadeus Cho, who before that was basically teenage Tony Stark with the brains/attitude. If they ever want to do Young Avengers, he would be a prime candidate as a team member. (Hell his mother was in a blink and miss appearance in AGE OF ULTRON, or at least a character that shared her name.)

Fun Fact: Martin Starr was originally casted to play him in a cameo in TIH before somebody over there realized that yeah maybe having a white guy playing Cho was sorta dumb, so they terminated that connection but he's still in the film. (For the best, I like to think Starr is playing the same character again in HOMECOMING. He was at college when Hulk wrecked it up, now as a teacher years later he was on the school trip when Spider-Man saved those kids.) 

• Like 1