Eric Prime

Easter Weekend Thread: Official Weekend Actuals: RPO $41.8M ($53.7M 4-Day), Acrimony $17.2M, BP $11.5M, ICOI $10.4M, PRU $9.4M, IOD $2.9M, GND3 $2.7M

39 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Ready Player One was great in IMAX 3D. 

Think it would be a bit of a waste seeing it any other way.

Loved that horror was included. That’s all I’m saying! 

Very fun. 

I saw it in Superscreen with Ready Player One with Dolby Atmos and those speakers were used very well. As I mentioned, I imagine it would great fun in 4DX. 

3 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

So who’s all thinking A Quiet Place and Blockers could breakout next weekend?

Blockers is fantastic but I think AQP will steal its thunder which is a shame. Comedy seem to be on the rebound with Game Night and now Blockers.

Edited by Jonwo

What a nice thing to log onto after a long day away...

RPO overperforming...and hopefully hitting my weekend estimate...

ICOI and Paul both beating GND3 (maybe my best call of the weekend:)...

All the premier material holding really well in their 2nd/3rd/4th weeks...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

There should be a chance if that weekend number happens. It will catch up to Tomorrowland through the same point with a 1.6m bigger weekend. Same holds as TL from there gets it to $98m, so just would need to hold a tad better. 

Are we expecting Disney to fill the $99M dom club? There's always place for someone else!

702 Gnomeo and Juliet BV $99,967,670 2011
703 Hercules BV $99,112,101 1997
  • Like 1

It's insane that RPO will likely match The BFG's domestic total in four days, so many things went wrong with that film which is a shame because it's good and thanks to China, it's looking like it may outgross BFG's WW this weekend as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Blockers is fantastic but I think AQP will steal its thunder which is a shame. Comedy seem to be on the rebound with Game Night and now Blockers.

Game Night has outgrossed Baywatch and some of the other comedy duds from last year. And $70 million would be a nice total for an R-rated comedy that’s relied on word of mouth and two stars who kinda poison.

Blockers I hope does well! It’s an R-rated comedy that has solid won by critics so far and audiences should enjoy it! Considering that’s the next R-rated comedy after that won’t be until June. 

Mondays drop should be soft.  only up to 50% for most movies...  Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday's drops should be the same as last week. 

Ready Player One could look like...

15.2 - Fri

15.2 - Sat

11.0 - Sun

5.5 - Mon

Tuesday.  pretend Monday is -70% range and jump Tuesday up 1/3.

4.4 - Tues

3.3 - Weds

3.3 - Thurs

Edited by Thematrixfilm
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, November Treejax said:

Wrong, War of the Worlds would be in several lists

Best of 2005

Best of 21st century

Best disaster movie

Best Tom Cruise movie

Best remake

Best alien movie

Best Spielberg movie

I like it, but even Spielberg did a better film in 2005 than War of the Worlds, called Munich. And, IMHO, it would not enter in the top 5 of 2005 taking into account Match point, Munich, A history of violence, Batman Begins, Good night and good luck, Walk the line or Brokeback Mountain

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Biggest bomb of 2018 is coming! But I’m expecting $55 million as now it’s target. Ouch..

Relative to expectations, the biggest bomb of 2018 is going to be Solo.

But you can't eat an expectation, so yeah, PR is a strong candidate. Plenty of time left in the year, though. 

Edited by SteveJaros