CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

12 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

There are ALREADY pirated clips of Infinity War on YouTube with big ass spoilers in the titles and thumbnails. I just got heavily spoiled just from looking at the YouTube main page.

I just wanted to warn everyone here.

It's that alt right facebook group.  Dumb asses posting YouTube videos in threads on 4chan even though all ppl in thread talking have seen the movie.  This isn't a intellgent bunch.

• ...wtf 1

Both Ultron and Civil War did 7x their preview number for the weekend. 280-315m incoming :sparta:

Some other recent multipliers

Guardians 2 8.8

Thor Ragnarok 8.4

Black Panther 8.0

Spidey 7.6

Civil War 7.1

Ultron 7

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KJsooner said:

Damn 40-45 is just fucking outrageous. Rip superhero fatigue. 

Everytime someone writes an article about Superhero fatigue, they add another $100M to the domestic box office of every superhero movie. 

*Except for Justice League. They took away $100M :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Sam said:

Of all people that got banned so far@MovieMan89‘s ban gotta be the most cruel lol.

Also the dumbest thing to get banned for.  Posting spoilers?  Really?  That's like signing a prenup with a billionaire and one of the conditions of you getting nothing in the divorce is you cannot eat an apple, ever again and then you sit down for dinner with your husband or wife and you bring one out and start munching away, right in front of them.  

It's not rocket science.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

My show starts in 30 minutes.  EXCITED!!

If your experience is like mine, you won't realize how much you enjoyed it until you step out of the theater.  I think because of the intensity throughout the movie

Edited by Rumpot
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I have a feeling you're actually gonna like this MCU flick more than you usually like them. 

Me too!

18 minutes ago, baumer said:

For a film of this size, I'm surprised it's taking them this long to post numbers.

Numbers consistently come in around 11 am EST.

And we sometimes get an early projection like DL gave us yesterday.

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

Also the dumbest thing to get banned for.  Posting spoilers?  Really?  That's like signing a prenup with a billionaire and one of the conditions of you getting nothing in the divorce is you cannot eat an apple, ever again and then you sit down for dinner with your husband or wife and you bring one out and start munching away, right in front of them.  

It's not rocket science.  

Very colorful analogy. Whose apple did you eat, baumer?

Edited by bladels

1 hour ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Wall of text with mostly personal opinions, whatever, at least you got it out of your chest. What piece of music from tdk, I remember nothing from its soundtrack and actually own the Blu-ray . So tdkr was hyped, the avengers obliterated it ,not only in the u.s (so it can have the massacre excuse) but everywhere , so it was more liked. As for the joker leadger’s death helped propel it to mythical status, doesn’t mean that the actual movie was influential. Hell, marvel changed the rules of the game and the “grounded to reality” shit that tdk was enforcing to superhero films was demolished because of marvel’s success.

Oh it influenced skyfall, well marvel films changed the entire movie industry,brought it upside down, whether some of you like it ir not. Funny thing, it was the avengers (which came at the same time with tdkr) that changed the industry and freed superhero films from their “grounded to reality” chains that tdk had plagued them with. After the avengers it was over for tdk’s influence on the industry, the game had changed forever.

I am not crapping on tdk trilogy , though Batman begins never got the sequel it deserved in my opinion, I am just saying that they aren’t influential AT ALL, tdk was for a few years and its influence withered way , died when the MCU rose to unprecedented levels of success and TRUE INFLUENCE with ENTIRE STUDIOS , whether its universal (dark universe), Warner (dccu, the monsters shared universe , Godzilla, king kong e.t.c) , trying and mostly failing to mimic that success.

lol. Hey man, I like Marvel/MCU. I've seen every single one of em and i cited why MCU changed the game. But so did The Dark Knight Trilogy in it's own way - You're looking at the scope of studios, fine, i said that (eveyrone's copying it = Studios that what i meant haha). I'm legit saying Filmmakers are/were influenced by what Nolan's Batman films did. Look past the bias of not liking the Dark Knight, which you basically just revealed. I think some MCU films are overrated but i have 3 out of my top 5 comic book movies from it (Black Panther, Iron Man 1, Winter Soldier, and the other one is still Marvel but not MCU in Spider-Man 2). You gotta look past the bias and give props. What i said wasn't opinions; they're facts. Here's quotes and sources below.

https://movieweb.com/black-panther-movie-villain-erik-killmonger-inspired-joker/ -"You see performances as an actor, and as a fan, you look at Heath Ledger's performance, say, in The Dark Knight, and it's like, 'Wow.' I want to try to get something like that. " . lol, saying that they're not influential is just false man. That's like saying Batman89 wasn't influential in the modern day blocksbuster style of opening a film with massive marketing. - Ryan Coogler (he also mentions Fassbender's Magneto)

https://screenrant.com/black-panther-wakanda-gotham-dark-knight/ - "“…I remember watching The Dark Knight and the film having commentary on privacy, commentary on terrorism. And that was all stuff that felt like it was of the now, so it made Gotham City feel like it was somewhere in the States. So I wanted Wakanda to feel like it was of the world. And with Daniel Kaluuya’s character [W’Kabi] is talking about is, I feel like it’s a conversation Wakandans would have if Wakanda was real. One rule we had was we didn’t want any dummies in this movie. Everybody in this movie had – wherever they stood on in terms of where they thought Wakanda should go, they should be able to articulate their point.”

https://www.timeout.com/london/film/jon-favreau-interview-1 - "‘Christopher Nolan’s “Batman Begins” set the bar very high for the superhero movie, as it showed that you could get a great cast for these movies and take a real filmmaker’s perspective. There were some other superhero movies, the titles of which I don’t want to mention, that were making a lot of money and which I thought were trash. I didn’t want to end up making one of those types of movies, I wanted to make a movie like Christopher’s.’  - Jon Favreau, when TALKING ABOUT MAKING IRON MAN 1. 

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/3/6/17081628/black-panther-oscars-2019-predictions - " The big thing standing in Black Panther’s way is its genre. No superhero movie has ever been nominated for Best Picture, and the expansion to more than five nominees in 2009 happened because The Dark Knight was snubbed for Best Picture that year, despite receiving nominations in eight other categories. And even though Wonder Woman was a similar, if smaller, cultural phenomenon in the summer of 2017, the Oscars snubbed it in every category."

Dude i could go on. LOL. 

If the "grounded-reality" part of comic book movies is "gone" then why is the DNA of the Dark knight/Batman sprawled all throughout The Winter Soldier? 

"http://www.businessinsider.com/three-movies-that-influenced-captain-america-winter-soldier-2014-4

I don't want to get in to a meaningless back and forth, and i know we are in a "everything now now now now" era of reactiveness due to the hot take / social media landscape. But saying Nolan's films don't have an influential place at the very least within the evolution of its own genre let alone the impact on modern filmmakers I listed above as a small piece from a larger size of more evidence I can point out, is just straight up lying. That's all i mean, just pm me if you wanna keep talking about this.

Edited by jaybox