CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

But I was proudly wrong 

It’s good that you feel that way in your head.

But reality is, ain’t nothing to be proud about with that ‘no hype’ fiasco lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Thanos is so cool and I think that many people really like him despite being the villain. He has become a pop culture icon overnight worldwide. Now imagine when marvel get its hands on doctor doom.

And Galactus and silver surfer

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Honestly, I thought they wouldn't be able to top Avengers 1 too. Because it was the first time the various avengers heroes came together, and it was a great movie, with all the humor and superhero interactions. But Marvel proved me wrong. :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I'm watching @GraceRandolph on youtube talk about IW box office and while I am no expert it is clear that she is so clueless. The NFL draft did not effect the thursday/Friday #s:gold:

She called Spider-Man Homecoming a box-office flop before it even opened in China. She doesn't know what she is talking about.

47 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

I currently had it 68-73 lets see bit later how its looking

If Sunday follows the trend it'll be on the high end :)

Fri early had 102 range 100-105, the upped it to top of the range 105m, current est 105.967

Sat  80 range 77-82 then 78-83 but kept number 80 see where it fell , later agreed with @EmpireCity 82 figure, current est 83m

So if the trend continues it'll be 73 LOL...or maybe it'll come undone and be at low end , lot factors in play see how evening goes. Either way the 61 is toast

Weekend had 220-260 range stuck with 240...so 260 might happen :)

Thanks for the numbers this weekend. It is an unreal weekend box office. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KP1025 said:

Is there any way to find a list of Canadian OWs? It would be interesting to see what other mega-openers did in Canada.

Unfortunately no.  Tribute used to keep track of this stuff.  Now they don't.  The only way to get it is from a source like RTH or from Rentrak.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Potomac2001 said:

She called Spider-Man Homecoming a box-office flop before it even opened in China. She doesn't know what she is talking about.

SMH would be a big hit even with $0 from china. ~763m WW-China on a 175m prod budget. Dom itself was 1.9x 175.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I'm sure they'll make money, but they won't make any as good as X2 or Logan.

X2 did not age well.

I used to love it and could barely sit through it recently.

Makes me afraid to rewatch Logan and DOFP.

Either way, movies like BP, WS and GOTG2 also deeply resonate with me.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Poor Fox. Even their big movie from last year Logan has already been forgotten. Can’t catch a break.

If im not mistaken Wonder Woman really took Logan's shine I mean Logan did end up with the Oscar nom so yeah