CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

17 minutes ago, baumer said:

Hey can we not spend the next day discussing music in this thread?  This is the weekend thread and it's supposed to be about the box office.

On 4/22/2018 at 6:15 PM, CJohn said:

We will be allowing everyone to post freely as long as the off topic discussions don't go overboard.

Plus what box office is there to discuss right now other than people saying their predictions?

Just now, That Ambitious Guy said:

Plus what box office is there to discuss right now other than people saying their predictions?

Predictions, pre-sales, international, parking lot reports...

If we don't at least to keep it on topic we can close it until we have numbers tomorrow night

• Like 1

Recent rap is legitimately an embarrassment. And I'm not even talking about "modern" rap necessarily, as there was still plenty of worth to be found in the earlier part of this decade. It's literally just the last 2-3 years or so it has completely imploded into the biggest garbage dump in the music industry right now. Even Disney pop stars have more artistic merit these days. 

Edited by MovieMan89

1 minute ago, AndyLL said:

If we don't at least to keep it on topic we can close it until we have numbers tomorrow night

Pre-sales have been extensively discussed in the tracking thread.  And sure, you could discuss international box office when the numbers there release.  But come on, it’s late at night rn.  Do you honestly expect the discussion to be on topic?

The most boring weekend threads are the ones that don’t have a few derailments.  That’s part of the fun.

Here is some presale data for Sacramento for peeps not paying attention to the tracking or Avenger thread:

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

76.09%

1.945 times as many seats sold as Black Panther at this point in time (11534 vs 5929)

1.423 times as many seats sold as my final track of Black Panther about 45 minutes before 7pm (11534 vs 8104)

3 hours ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Yea, but we don't need three or four pages of rap music discussion or three to four pages of any kind of off topic discussion.  Obviously you can go off topic, there's no rules against it but I just figured with international numbers coming through already, maybe some box office discussion would be prudent.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

All theater parking lots in  Milwaukee and the surrounding suburbs are currently empty.  Flop incoming 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

30 minutes ago, baumer said:

Hey can we not spend the next day discussing music in this thread?  This is the weekend thread and it's supposed to be about the box office.

Well that's what you get for starting the OW thread 2 days before the release date.

Did a quick and shitty projection for the NZ OW off its opening day and plugged that into my hack-job of a spreadsheet. If it follows that, it would point to a US OW of... 247.23M.

I'd say a range of 235M - 260M sounds about right from the numbers I have at the moment. I imagine they'll fudge it if it gets close enough to TFA's record so pencil my ~official~ prediction in for $248,000,069.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Did a quick and shitty projection for the NZ OW off its opening day and plugged that into my hack-job of a spreadsheet. If it follows that, it would point to a US OW of... 247.23M.

I'd say a range of 235M - 260M sounds about right from the numbers I have at the moment. I imagine they'll fudge it if it gets close enough to TFA's record so pencil my ~official~ prediction in for $248,000,069.

I find it nice how you've really embraced your brand these last few months. RebWGyw.png

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Summer doesn’t start til next Friday, box office wise :) 

You in the box office forums now, the rest of the world don't mean shit.  :)

• Haha 1

Theres two things i would be amazed at if IW achieves them: One is the true Friday record of 63,2M (JW) and the other is that it could be the first film to have an unadjusted Sathurday of 70M+.

• Thanks 1