CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Holy shit there's literally nothing I want to hear less on the entire planet than a bunch of white dudes on the internet talk shit about rap music when they still pretend like Tool or Pink Floyd or whatever is what people listen to. Yikes. It's 2018, rap music is beautiful, get with the program.

I was just listening to Pink Floyd about 20 minutes ago actually :jeb!: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Holy shit there's literally nothing I want to hear less on the entire planet than a bunch of white dudes on the internet talk shit about rap music when they still pretend like Tool or Pink Floyd or whatever is what people listen to. Yikes. It's 2018, rap music is beautiful, get with the program.

I'm not white

11 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I am not white 

and modern day rap music sucks.

Hip Hop is pretty good though.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Anyway I have no idea what lordmandeep quoted me to say but I'm done with this discussion anyway - genuinely annoyed when people go on the try-hard "rap is crap" thing. I am thinking about 225-230 for Avengers. Sales don't reflect a 250 OW in either South Florida or D.C. Hell, they don't reflect a 225 opening either, but there's probably too much evidence for me to go much lower than this.

This feels a little like Civil War, when people were predicting 200 right up until opening day :insane: This will obviously do 200, though

A movie is special when there's a stand-alone Spoiler thread for it.

A movie is VERY special when there's a stand-alone Spoiler thread for it, and a mod makes the OW thread 2 days before the release date just to make a "we will fucking ban your ass with no mercy if you don't do good" announcement in the first post.

My only question is

What's next?:bourne:

1 minute ago, vc2002 said:

A movie is special when there's a stand-alone Spoiler thread for it.

A movie is VERY special when there's a stand-alone Spoiler thread for it, and a mod makes the OW thread 2 days before the release date just to make a "we will fucking ban your ass with no mercy if you don't do good" announcement in the first post.

My only question is

What's next?:bourne:

Spoiler thread for Life of the Party incoming yo.

Rap is garbage. The fact it's considered music is a farce. If I'm listening to music I like to be able to imagine the artist has some semblance of command of the language, and not be subjected to lazy, hoodlum, street cred talk.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Anyway I have no idea what lordmandeep quoted me to say but I'm done with this discussion anyway - genuinely annoyed when people go on the try-hard "rap is crap" thing. I am thinking about 225-230 for Avengers. Sales don't reflect a 250 OW in either South Florida or D.C. Hell, they don't reflect a 225 opening either, but there's probably too much evidence for me to go much lower than this.

This feels a little like Civil War, when people were predicting 200 right up until opening day :insane: This will obviously do 200, though

Edit: Actually, it's all good.  I'm seeing what I'm looking for so far...and everyone is doing their thing.  No big deal

Edited by Rumpot

Disappointed that y’all gave @Trolltastic Tele his mod power back for the weekend.

I was looking forward to him fully embracing his closeted (not so subtle) inner DC fanboy, and just go ham on a MCU movie OW, now that he’s no longer shackled with the mod title. Maybe possibly flirting with the ban status too.

But nope, he’s just gonna play it safe now. That’s no fun.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

I'm kind of impressed no one is even bothering opening anything else this weekend.  Well, a Bleecker Street film, but it's not like it matter when that opens.

Total surrender. 

That a fairly common with a big movie, especially the annual May Marvel movie (even though this year it was moved to April 27). The last time something else opened wide alongside a big Marvel movie in that early May slot was 2011 (THOR, SOMETHING BORROWED, JUMPING THE BROOM).

1 minute ago, Sam said:

Disappointed that y’all gave @Trolltastic Tele his mod power back for the weekend.

I was looking forward to him fully embracing his closeted (not so subtle) inner DC fanboy, and just go ham on a MCU movie OW, now that he’s no longer shackled with the mod title. Maybe possibly flirting with the ban status too.

But nope, he’s just gonna play it safe now. That’s no fun.

When Tele becomes a mod and resigns again once he bans me for a month

giphy.gif

• Like 1