CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

2 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Okay how does this make more than TFA on OW if it is 12 million behind on previews already for the weekend? Was TFA more rush factor? 

TFA did 192 million without previews

TA did around 190 million.

The thinking is IW does much more without previews.

Just now, KJsooner said:

Okay how does this make more than TFA on OW if it is 12 million behind on previews already for the weekend? Was TFA more rush factor? 

Previews for TFA were over 1/5th of the weekend total, Even Ultron which was rather front loaded the 27.7 mil previews were 'only' 1/7th, and BP's were 1/8th. If it splits the difference 45mil turns into 337.5mil.

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

FUCKING DHD

So the range is 36M - 45M+

Woo boy, they really threw everything they got at us.

Edited by Sam
  • Haha 2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

giphy.gif

I am *this* close to bumping my Derby and Summer Game Preseason from 300M to 330M.

I'm not saying I endorse a 300M OW. 

Need DepuTele to slap some sense into this boy.

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

11 minutes ago, Sam said:

DHD has been on a roll lately with their early guesstimates, especially for SH fares.

But considering how we get into territory of gigantic numbers like this, margin of error gonna be bigger.

They got BPs 25m right on right?

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

When and what was the early estimate for TLJ?

I would wait really, big Marvel Openers are notorious for opening over estimated. 

Except BP.... Or at least the weekend overall was underestimated, I think Disney's estimate was 190mil?

Just now, HouseOfTheSun said:

Yup. They actually pretty much on the money for all major CBMs last year in terms of previews.

The more impressive is most of the prediction/projection reports came super early, like when no showing even started on the West Coast yet. 

We all thought that was rather uncharacteristic for Deadline to be on a roll like that lol.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

They first posted at 7:45pm with 22-24, then again at 11:20 with 25

http://deadline.com/2018/02/black-panther-thursday-night-preview-box-office-1202291093/

PREVIOUS EXCLUSIVE: Writethru with demos, 11:20pm: We have a read on Thursday night estimates for Disney/Marvel’s Black Panther  and they look fantastic.

Earlier tonight sources were spotting the movie between $22M-$24M, and now the thinking is that the Ryan Coogler-directed movie about Marvel’s Black superhero T’Challa will clear $25M.

Edited by MattW
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Because TFA had a 4.5 internal multi.   TLJ was 4.88

For comparison Rogue One did $29m in previews and did $155m for a 5.344x internal and that was the best of the new internal SW multis.  AOU did $27.6m and did $191m (with that fight deflating Sat) with a 6.927 internal. CW's was 7.164 off a $25m.    AIW's internal would have to sink below 5.5 to miss 247m