CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

So just watched it. It was very engaging and entertaining. I missed several lines because of the laughs. Music was great. Like others have said, doesn’t really let up once it got going. They packed a lot into this. It didn’t exactly feel long, but I still feel exhausted. I do want to watch it again, which is better than how I felt with Civil War.

• Like 6

Love how DL says that this is from their sources and not from the studio and if you see it from somewhere else they are getting it from deadline LOL. Well if we get a report from our God I'm going to post it all over Twitter and make sure deadline knows that their numbers are nothing compared to our source. And I like how the headline says 45 million but then when you read the rest of the article it says it could go as low as 36 million. So basically what deadline is saying right now is they actually have no freaking clue what the actual preview number is but they are giving it a range of somewhere around Harry Potter and Star Wars LOL

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Love how DL says that this is from their sources and not from the studio and if you see it from somewhere else they are getting it from deadline LOL. Well if we get a report from our God I'm going to post it all over Twitter and make sure deadline knows that their numbers are nothing compared to our source. And I like how the headline says 45 million but then when you read the rest of the article it says it could go as low as 36 million. So basically what deadline is saying right now is they actually have no freaking clue what the actual preview number is but they are giving it a range of somewhere around Harry Potter and Star Wars LOL

This seems snippy.

• Haha 2

In theater now. Showing starts in 20min. I love reserved seating, especially for recliner seats. 

See ya’ll on the other side.

@Chewy probably should be done by now?

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, manny1234 said:

@baumer Even if it hits 45 million do you think it can still surpass TFA opening weekend and also hit 250 million since it seems Star Wars movies are more frontloaded than MCU movies.

TFA was frontloaded on OW, but it had great legs even for a December film.

Infinity War won't have legs anywhere near as good.

• Like 1

While statistics has obviously taught me that correlation does not equal causation, I was walking along downtown Vancouver tonight and the streets seemed pretty dead :ph34r:

Everyone must be at the movie theatre

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, manny1234 said:

@baumer Even if it hits 45 million do you think it can still surpass TFA opening weekend and also hit 250 million since it seems Star Wars movies are more frontloaded than MCU movies.

No I don't think it can. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

While statistics has obviously taught me that correlation does not equal causation, I was walking along downtown Vancouver tonight and the streets seemed pretty dead :ph34r:

Everyone must be at the movie theatre

correlation.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

TFA was frontloaded on OW, but it had great legs even for a December film.

Infinity War won't have legs anywhere near as good.

That wasn't the question, it was about OW. Obviously this is not going to gross $900m domestic lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

That wasn't the question, it was about OW. Obviously this is not going to gross $900m domestic lol

Avengers and TFA are similar in that they’re huge openers.  I was theorizing that Avengers would end up being more frontloaded this time around due to its likely weak three day multi.  If it only gets to $45M, then I doubt it gets the OW record

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlashMaster659 said:

We could see higher figures, and we could see lower by AM — some think it could go as low as $36M-$38M

5 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Prediction on this forum:

Deadline: 33-38M Thursday night

Bot forum: Crumbling, overrated ecc ecc

Deadline: +40M Thursday night

Bot forum: Over SW TFA 

“Error”