CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

26 minutes ago, baumer said:

I watched the first Thor last night probably for the first time since 2011 or 2012. I actually liked it quite a bit this time lol. The first time I just found it boring and I guess I compared it to much to Iron Man. But this time I really enjoyed Loki and I like the hawk eye cameo and the shield stuff was cool and Natalie Portman and Kat Dennings are just adorable in it. So Chalk me up as a fan of the original Thor where initially I did not like it at all.

The original Thor had the best on screen chemistry between the triple H’s: Hopkins, Hemsworth, Hiddleston.

Thor’s soundtrack is also amazing!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandomCat said:

Yeah, but AOU which is a 191 has a 2.4 multi. And honestly, it isn't unfair to compare a movie opening at 191 to a movie opening that opened just over 200.

It IS "unfair".  Statistics don't work if you can nudge the numbers as you please.  You can't create a rule and then say "close enough."  The openings for this and AOU will not be in the same ballpark anyway - so we're gonna nudge AOU up 9M and IW down 40-80M and apply the same rule to them that way? 

3 hours ago, Star-Lord said:

The original Thor had the best on screen chemistry between the triple H’s: Hopkins, Hemsworth, Hiddleston.

Thor’s soundtrack is also amazing!

Yea, Hopkins was excellent as well.

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

I think it just shows how hard it is to get to $200m and usually for a film to get there it requires some extraordinary WOM, which then leads to the good multipliers going forward.

Well, except OW tends not to be fueled by WOM.

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

There's close to 600 people on this site right now....all waiting for the preview number to drop.

"Don't break the silence until the number is being dropped."

"How will I know?"

"Because all fucking hell is gonna break loose."

• Haha 3

Just now, RandomCat said:

Well, except OW tends not to be fueled by WOM.

I think it has an impact on giant openers only. Like to get to that top tier $200m+ area, you're either looking at Star Wars which just has a larger fanbase than anything else in America or some pretty good buzz happening.

3 hours ago, vc2002 said:

"How will I know?"

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif?fit=40

13 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Rampage lost 15% of its theaters this week. Theater losses now take effect on Thursday evenings instead of Friday due to the Thursday event kick-off for new releases now.

Not only that but Rampage dropped from two or three screens to a single screen at many locations (and from three or more to just two). The same is true for A Quiet Place and pretty much all of the holdovers. Anything that is not AIW is down to a single screen at most cineplexes with 6-15 or so screens.

next week should not loose to many film bookings.  Rampage, AQP, or anything that has around 6-10 showings per day should continue to shrink and the 3 new openers are opening moderately and probably one screen per film.

@vc2002 Thank you for starting my morning off with a giant laugh.  I really was sipping on a Tea when I read your Commando reset.  Thanks bud.  Love love love it!

5 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

"How will I know?"

:hahaha:

Half my damn coke went up my nose bc of this post.

Edited by KJsooner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

It IS "unfair".  Statistics don't work if you can nudge the numbers as you please.  You can't create a rule and then say "close enough."  The openings for this and AOU will not be in the same ballpark anyway - so we're gonna nudge AOU up 9M and IW down 40-80M and apply the same rule to them that way? 

But you want to compare Summer Movies to winter movies, or you're going to bump IW down 40-80M to compare to the summer movies. So you're going to apply the same rule to them that way?