CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

EXCLUSIVE: And so summer begins early in late April. We have very early industry estimates showing Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War between $40M-$45M for Thursday night, and west coast showtimes have yet to kick in. Should that projection maintain into the night, it would easily be the best Marvel preview ever, stepping over Avengers: Age of Ultron ($27.6M) and the second best ever tying with Star Wars: The Last Jedi ($45M) and filing behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens first night ($57M).

http://deadline.com/2018/04/avengers-infinity-war-weekend-box-office-opening-records-1202378032/

That's still a huge range for the morning of, but a massive # no matter what. OW record is likely going down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

nope.  Not applying any rules.  I fully own up to my optimism about this movie is gut feeling (in context of what data we have about presales/tracking) and having liked the movie a lot

That's fine. I wasn't even saying the film will make 2.4X. all I said was that 200M+ and 190M+ aren't that different, it's an arbitrary cut off.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

Sure hope no other massive blockbusters made 50% of their OW total on Friday. Certainly not ones with really good word of mouth that made nearly 4x over their OW. released within three months of BvS. That'd just make your post really awkward.

I assume you are talking about TFA? Which was received well?

What is the percentage that people see for IW for a percentage of Previews for the weekend total?

TFA: 24%
TLJ: 20%

RO: 18%

BP: 12%

CW/AOU= 14%

I cannot see it being more frontloaded than RO so I think the opening weekend range is around 222-250 million right now as a base. :sarah:

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

TLJ has been beaten for sure for the opening weekend I Think. 

;)

That's the same as last night.  april 26th, 6:29 pm

1 minute ago, eXtacy said:

It has done it. First film in 8 years to enter the top 10 of IMDB 

9. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)
10. Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11. Fight Club (1999)

And one of the fastest to leave it, I think. Superhero movies released in the last 5 years tend to peak there early and then go into a freefall.

• Like 1

There are ALREADY pirated clips of Infinity War on YouTube with big ass spoilers in the titles and thumbnails. I just got heavily spoiled just from looking at the YouTube main page.

I just wanted to warn everyone here.

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

He, now all the “this doesn’t feel like an event in my neighborhood “, “I don’t feel any buzz for this” people will become “this will have horrible legs” people.

@Cmasterclay can you confirm? 

2 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

11. Fight Club (1999)

It s official.

Avengers : IW 10th Best Movie Evah.

Visionary Russos Bro.

Bitches.

:shades::rock:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Brainbug said:

There are ALREADY pirated clips of Infinity War on YouTube with big ass spoilers in the titles and thumbnails. I just got heavily spoiled just from looking at the YouTube main page.

Yeah, I'm scared to even go on YouTube.

• Sad 1

Just now, Brainbug said:

Yeah I already got spoiled :kitschjob:

4 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

11. Fight Club (1999)

hmmm, When you make a film to please the fanbase... people like it... shocking I say ... Shocking... :sparta: