CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

Question: Do you think Marvel/Disney could decide to create new superheroes specifically for the movies, heroes who could get an adaptation in comics after that?

The other way around would be pretty cool, a superhero living in China for example (for obvious reasons).

• Like 1

Just now, YLF said:

We should get a list of bans and a summary of why :)

Idk who's banned besides the ones just named not too long ago

The other people who are banned are @IronJimbo for having blue skin and @Trolltastic Tele for beeing too old.

Spoiler

Sry for this bad joke mods, pls dont ban me, pls, its just a harmless, bad, really bad joke, Pls dont ban me.

• Like 4

Just now, YLF said:

We should get a list of bans and a summary of why :)

Idk who's banned besides the ones just named not too long ago

Week long forum-wide bans for spoilers:

@MovieMan89

@TheDarkKnightOfSteel

@Valonqar

48 hour threadbans for responding to spoilers:

@MrPink

@Lordmandeep

48 hours for impersonating BKB:

@BKB AVENGER/Tree

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

giphy.gif

I just love that Venom face so much. Nothing says "I am well-aware I'm about to say some outlandish/savage shit" more perfectly. I'm all for it becoming a smiley here (come on staff make it happen)

• Like 2

Now that I'm done laughing at Deadline, that 39m preview number IS very much in line for what my tracking of the Sacramento area projected.  

I had Infinity War doing 1.624x as many tickets sold as Black Panther.

1.624 x 25 = 40.6m

Factor in slight inflation due to the new theater complex being opened in town and random variation and 39m is right at an expected value.

Makes me feel like I didn't waste all that time after all doing the tracking. :)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Week long forum-wide bans for spoilers:

@MovieMan89

@TheDarkKnightOfSteel

@Valonqar

48 hour threadbans for responding to spoilers:

@MrPink

@Lordmandeep

48 hours for impersonating BKB:

@BKB AVENGER/Tree

Not specifically this thread, but GraceRandolph got banned for their shenanigans in the STAR IS BORN thread too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I’ve been lurking in this thread for years, never post. But I have a question for all you experts...

is is it possible that Disney decided that any grosses from the 1am, 2am shows, etc will be included in the true Friday number rather than the Thursday preview number? Just curious... strategically it would make true Friday look quite impressive. But I don’t know if that’s how this works... 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

That's Cmasterclay for you, the master of extreme pessimism.

bruh hop off the magic stick. It was obviously a joke. You got something to say to me in every topic, if you don't like me, that ignore function is free to all users. 

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

Not specifically this thread, but GraceRandolph got banned for their shenanigans in the STAR IS BORN thread too.

yeah i didn't include him/her because that happened before this thread got unlocked. Funny ban nonetheless :hahaha: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VanillaSkies said:

I’ve been lurking in this thread for years, never post. But I have a question for all you experts...

is is it possible that Disney decided that any grosses from the 1am, 2am shows, etc will be included in the true Friday number rather than the Thursday preview number? Just curious... strategically it would make true Friday look quite impressive. But I don’t know if that’s how this works... 

Good-ass question. Welcome to the boards!

1 minute ago, VanillaSkies said:

There's a cutoff time but I don't know exactly when it is