Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

Just now, dudalb said:

Only thing that made "Spiderman"Homecoming" a good movie was Feige's and Marvel Studios direct involment. Feige kept his distance from this one,and look at what is likely to happen.

Homecoming was bland AF.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, AJG said:

I’ve seen Bot twitter accounts on the last couple of pages of this thread

They have a witty (probably copied) tweet on every American trending topic which leads their accounts to have an obscene amount of tweets per day. Mostly harmless jokes in order to gain legitimate followers. When it comes to politics and media they tweet about it with a right wing slant to their followers, that is how they operate. 

Edit: for example: This account is tweeting anti-Star Is Born, Pro-Star is Born, and is also a BTS Fan Account. It Tweets on everything just gain followers

And people wonder why Tele had such a negative view of what on line fandom had become....

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

And the point remains; Venom had to be really good and a big hit for it to do what Sony expected it to do:launch their Spideyverse into orbit.

Even if Venom avoids being a total failure, it is very unlikely it will dp well enough to build a solid foundtation for the Spideyverse.

IMHO the Spideyverse was always questionable; it's really hard to build a franchise based upon taking supporting charecters in a franchise and giving them solo movies. SOme of Sony's ideas, like the solo Young Aunt May movie, were so ridiculous that you have to wonder if the person making the propowol had not had one too many martini's at lunch.

If it doesn't crack 200 mil domestic they should just leave it to Marvel, but we all know they won't because of pride. 

1 hour ago, Nova said:

According to Deadline young females aren't all that interested in A Star Is Born but rather older females are clamoring about it. So I guess the Venom fans thinking it's the Lady Gaga stans attacking their movie, better watch out for the minivan moms coming through 

To be honest...what kinda movies ARE young females into these days? 

1 hour ago, Nova said:

According to Deadline young females aren't all that interested in A Star Is Born but rather older females are clamoring about it. So I guess the Venom fans thinking it's the Lady Gaga stans attacking their movie, better watch out for the minivan moms coming through 

I'm on another forum with mostly young women and yeah that's kind of the consense there too besides a few who saw it at festivals and loved it. They're way more excited for Halloween.

14 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

If it doesn't crack 200 mil domestic they should just leave it to Marvel, but we all know they won't because of pride. 

Venom is looking like a "Sucessful Failure"lit will probably make a decent profit for SONY, but not generate the kind of profits or audience excitement SONY needs to make the Spideyverse viable.

And yeah, Pride has a lot to do with it. The current management managed to lose James Bond, one of Sony's most successful franchises and one of the most prestigious,and they are scrambeling to find another to avert the wrath of the stock holders.

Bad thing for them  is Sony jfims from now on happened on their watch;they can't shift blame for their failures to films that were greenlighted by  the previous administration any more.

20 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

I don’t think it needs to do $200m DOM to be a success. Forbes has the budget at $100m and it looks like it’ll have a healthy OS take. They kept the budget low enough that even $300m total should give them enough confidence to continue with their plans. 

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And yeah, Pride has a lot to do with it. The current management managed to lose James Bond, one of Sony's most successful franchises and one of the most prestigious,and they are scrambeling to find another to avert the wrath of the stock holders.

James Bond was around 15m a year in profit for Sony it was not a particularly successful franchise for them money wise, I doubt many stock holders care about that lost for this 2,300 million in gross profit last year company. I suspect it was not mentioned once in the last stock holder conference call.

Actual pride is more probable, but I would also suspect that Marvel would not pay that high of a price when they can make Black Panther, Guardians, etc... into success story and just got the X-Men to work with.

• Like 1