Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

6 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Batman v Superman was a success at the box office as well. You and I know that reception matters when it comes to sequels. If the film isn't well received the Sonyverse is screwed. 

Indeed. You can all the way back to Superman Returns which performed almost identically to Batman Begins, but the reception was quite different. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Look at this example:

Look at this account twitter history........

Or: Joined October 2018

I mean many of those could be people pushing the joke and ridicule (the people talking about bringing their 3 husband and 8 children to the movie X obviously are), but those ?:

ANy idiot can get a twitter account.

And it seems like every idiot does.

14 minutes ago, TheManFromBeyond said:

If there's one line in Venom to describe the reactions to the film so far, it would be:

"It's not.....completely awful."

(Forgive me if this joke has already been made I haven't been active on this thread lately)

Actually the early social media reactions for these types of films are usually overwhelmingly positive so the fact they are rather lukewarm spells bad news for the actual critical reception 

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

Actually, if Gaga does rip a picture of Trump up, that's a plus in my book for ASIB....

I admit, I am very surprised ASIB has apparently turned out to be a good movie. I was one of those who thought it would be just another failed attempt to be as good as the 1954 Garland/Mason version,like the 70's version.

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Actually the early social media reactions for these types of films are usually overwhelmingly positive so the fact they are rather lukewarm spells bad news for the actual critical reception 

Really good point. The early reactions are always from the geeks,and if they are "Meh" about it then the film is almost certainly going to get creamed by the mainstream cirtics.

Yes,.the film will make some money,you have a sizable number of people who will go see any Comic Book Hero based movie, but it is really doubtful if Venom will attract the kind of General Audience business it needs to be the kind of success that SONY needs to launch their Spideyverse.

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Actually, if Gaga does rip a picture of Trump up, that's a plus in my book for ASIB....

I admit, I am very surprised ASIB has apparently turned out to be a good movie. I was one of those who thought it would be just another failed attempt to be as good as the 1954 Garland/Mason version,like the 70's version.

Was a bit surprised myself.  It's a great film.  Go see it.

No Jesus shitting or otherwise blasphemous stuff whatsoever.  😁

Spoiler

Unless you count a bit of GaGa nudity...

Edited by Macleod

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Batman v Superman was a success at the box office as well. You and I know that reception matters when it comes to sequels. If the film isn't well received the Sonyverse is screwed. 

So the Venomverse might only include 8+ movies!  :Venom:

44 minutes ago, Nova said:

What if this pulls a reverse BvS/SS and ends up getting great reviews. 

Jokes on us folks :Gaga:

I want all of these Superhero comic book movies to be good but great reviews are out of the window. Okayish reviews? Sure but we would be seeing early great reviews if it were going to pull that off. 

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I want all of these Superhero comic book movies to be good but great reviews are out of the window. Okayish reviews? Sure but we would be seeing early great reviews if it were going to pull that off. 

I’m just trying to cover my ass after all the shit talking I’ve done about the RT score this is gonna get :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Edit: Embargo lifts 10:30PM EST ...or not 

😮

Edited by Deja23

Venom REVIEW: Tom Hardy Spider-Man spin-off FAILS to live up to its superhero rivals

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1025482/Venom-movie-review-Tom-Hardy-Eddie-Brock-Spider-Man

Venom review: Tom Hardy's superhero movie can't decide what it is

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/venom/review/a867509/venom-review-tom-hardy-spider-man/

Venom is a bizarre and baffling mess

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/2/17929154/venom-movie-review-tom-hardy-marvel