Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

10 hours ago, poweranimals said:

Are you forgetting Justice League so soon?

It had better critics than BvS and Suicide Squad, it does not really go against the idea that SH box office result is not that attach to the critical reception and can certainly open big without it.

JL is a lot like the latest Transformer, it is not necessarily that their audience didn't start to care about their local reviewers or the RT score, but more about the previous movies.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 2:41 AM, movieboner said:

I think superhero movies are critic proof now. If TASM 2 was released right now, it would've done much better than $200 million domestic.

No fuckin way! Andrew Garfield was a huge reason why TASM movies weren't all that popular. he was completely unlikable as PP and even Feige said he was wrong for the role.

Venom mega success is very much due to Tom. He's likable, 100% committed, hammy af in the best possible way, and interacts with Venom like it's a real thing. People are loving the movie because of him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:

I'm well aware of the finer points so that isn't an issue I had to consider. I've been around awhile.

Just figured I would point that out, given that Sony is apparently holding out hope for a potential crossover with Tom Holland’s Spider-Man in the future. 

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

No fuckin way! Andrew Garfield was a huge reason why TASM movies weren't all that popular. he was completely unlikable as PP and even Feige said he was wrong for the role.

Venom mega success is very much due to Tom. He's likable, 100% committed, hammy af in the best possible way, and interacts with Venom like it's a real thing. People are loving the movie because of him.

Well, internet critics like Nostalgia Critic & Confused Matthew didn’t see it that way. Their opinions of the actor & the movies must be different, i think. Particularly the first one which had good but not overly spectacular reviews.

I think maybe Sam Raimi’s SM3’s mixed reputation, kinda hurt the confidence of great future SM-films (which is maybe why Marc Webb’s TASM’s weren’t as big hits as the Raimi-films)...but then SM: Homecoming brought back the fun charm of what made people love the first two Raimi-Spidey movies.

And now we have Tom Hardy’s Eddie Brock/Venom. Which makes me wonder....how does he compare to Topher Grace’s Eddie Brock/Venom from SM3?

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34