Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

Are we suddenly pretending like wine is that bad of a thing for kids to drink now? Hell, every kid out there should drink wine. (Getting drunk on it is a different story :ph34r:)

inebriation should help them with homework and accelerated thoughts gearing towards a new identity that kids will soon take ownership over and proclaim their existence is themselves + chemicals.  like clothes, chemicals become part of them.  we are born half, until we get wine.  

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Are we suddenly pretending like wine is that bad of a thing for kids to drink now? Hell, every kid out there should drink wine. (Getting drunk on it is a different story :ph34r:)

The Continental European approach to alcohol blew my mind when I first encountered it. Think it is the best method though. 

5 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

The Continental European approach to alcohol blew my mind when I first encountered it. Think it is the best method though. 

child development from people blows my mind compared to what A.I. simulations would probably do with developing kids.

Edited by gravestonedt

Just now, gravestonedt said:

child development blows my mind compared to what A.I. simulations would probably do

Is anyone else concerned by the content of these posts? Are you having some kind of episode graves? Your comments on the forum are becoming harder and harder for me to understand... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, gravestonedt said:

inebriation should help them with homework and accelerated thoughts gearing towards a new identity that kids will soon take ownership over and proclaim their existence is themselves + chemicals.  like clothes, chemicals become part of them.  we are born half, until we get wine.  

7 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

For what's worth, I didn't say they should get drunk or become alcoholics; I said they should drink wine. Wine is, like, pretty damn good for your health (if you drink it with care). A kid could do with some of it every now and then. Now, if their parents wanna allow them to go frat boys at an early age... whatever happens is on them. But who knows, I can picture a kid doing his homework after having 5 cups of Port... maybe they'll improve their grades after all :ph34r:

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

For what's worth, I didn't say they should get drunk or become alcoholics; I said they should drink wine. Wine is, like, pretty damn good for your health (if you drink it with care). A kid could do with some of it every now and then. Now if their parents wanna allow them to go frat boys at an early age, it's their problem. I can already imagine a kid doing his homework after having 5 cups of Port... maybe they'll improve their grades after all :ph34r:

I was agree with you, the in moderation approach and not making it 'taboo' is to my mind, a much more mature approach than the drinking culture in say, the UK, and to a lesser extent the US. 

Although I personally don't drink at all, I do agree with the method. I don't think anyone of sound mind seriously thought anyone was supporting children drinking to excess. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gravestonedt said:

18 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

13 minutes ago, gravestonedt said:

child development from people blows my mind compared to what A.I. simulations would probably do with developing kids.

11 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Is anyone else concerned by the content of these posts? Are you having some kind of episode graves? Your comments on the forum are becoming harder and harder for me to understand... 

I've killed my vocabulary and conversation skills.  Mad Max Fury Road grunts gave me a heart on.  A lot of my deliberate posts (airheaded too)  on here are typed with Jeff Golblum in mind from Jurassic Park when he reads from the blue prints in short technical statements.

I saw the headline about Lebron + wine and his kids.  he is new to the Lakers.  on BOT, Venom was stirring up some morality discussion perhaps.  I thought it would be funny to just copy+paste that headline right here in the theme of Venom.

The fight I have picked usually generates a lot of support to the wine crowd.  I have no idea what the Continental European approach is to alcohol, but I assume it is Europeans being very liberal with sharing wine with kids.  I go on to share my 2 technical statements about possible consequences. 

A further statement is.....

once the kid finds an agreement with their addictions, it is hard to settle with less.  (it is an identity thing, hard to undue identities)

Edited by gravestonedt

13 minutes ago, gravestonedt said:

I've killed my vocabulary and conversation skills.  Mad Max Fury Road grunts gave me a heart on.  A lot of my  posts on here are typed with Jeff Golblum in mind from Jurassic Park when he reads from the blue prints in short technical statements.

I saw the headline about Lebron + wine and his kids.  he is new to the Lakers.  on BOT, Venom was stirring up some morality discussion perhaps.  I thought it would be funny to just copy+paste that headline right here in the theme of Venom.

The fight I have picked usually generates a lot of support to the wine crowd.  I have no idea what the Continental European approach is to alcohol, but I assume it is Europeans being very liberal with sharing wine with kids.  I go on to share my 2 technical statements about possible consequences. 

A further statement is.....

once the kid finds an agreement with their addictions, it is hard to settle with less.  (it is an identity thing, hard to undue identities)

Dude, nobody becomes an alcoholic by drinking wine every now and then. Not even kids. I know a bunch of friends of mine have been party drinkers for Goddamn years now - more often than not they will drink till puking - and they're not addicted to alcohol. It's a mechanism to trigger your ability to have fun and not give a shit, and nothing more. As long as you know what "moderation" means, and as long as you are aware of certain dangers (such as that you should not drink and drive EVER), it's fine. They're not gonna become the old, barf-smelling roamer that spends every day in the local tavern if they have one or two glasses of wine per day.

Anyway, this is getting too off-topic (if you wanna continue, quote this and carry it to the Classic Conversation Thread). VENOM. It's a movie, it's doing good business. :Venom:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Dude, nobody becomes an alcoholic by drinking wine every now and then. Not even kids. I know a bunch of friends of mine have been party drinkers for Goddamn years now

it is finding an identity with your addictions.  it could be like getting a tattoo on your hand or something, idk.  acceptance.  but preach this stuff to enough of those people, it should be like blowing a dog whistle!

Edited by gravestonedt

10 hours ago, expensiveho said:

Of course. It could've been miles better and probably started a franchise (in a good way) but it's not really a thing dreadful like SS, Apocalypse, IM2 or TASM2. Not even below average like The Dark World

Iron Man 2 is a solidly entertaining and enjoyable film that builds not only a franchise but a universe. 

One of the biggest fallacies to take root is that it is a bad film to be included with these others. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Michelle Williams was obviously the MVP in Venom.

You could sense all the passion in each line she gave to Bro Hardy, you could almost see her thinking about her grocery list in most of the scenes ( "did I forget the Ketchup ?" I think I Did !" "I ll buy it tomorrow then").

Chemistry between her and Hardly was off the charts.

She s in purgatory now, she will have to do at least 3 more of those.

Karma s a bitch.

Actually, her daughter is a major Venom CB fan so she did the movie for her. :)

This movie is a real anomaly. RT Audience Score is very high, even higher than Deadpool 2 and many cbms with good reviews. Imdb score is actually high too. This movie is really bad, even terrible in some places, but I guess Hardy is such a genius actor he somehow convinced average Joes with his magical perfomance that they watch a good movie. I can't even find a similar example, I've never seen anything like this, even Nic Cage couldn't convince average Joes with his classic over the top performance that Ghost Rider is a good movie, nobody could. And some people dare to say that Hardy is not A-lister after that. He singlehandedly made the movie watchable and convinced a lot of people that it's good, even though it's very bad. Venom proved that Hardy is a real movie star.

Edited by Firepower
  • Knock It Off 1

On 10/11/2018 at 5:26 AM, MCKillswitch123 said:

Outside the Anglo-saxon world pretty much every kid do.

52 minutes ago, Firepower said:

This movie is a real anomaly. RT Audience Score is very high, even higher than Deadpool 2 and many cbms with good reviews. Imdb score is actually high too. This movie is really bad, even terrible in some places, but I guess Hardy is such a genius actor he somehow convinced average Joes with his magical perfomance that they watch a good movie. I can't even find a similar example, I've never seen anything like this, even Nic Cage couldn't convince average Joes with his classic over the top performance that Ghost Rider is a good movie, nobody could. And some people dare to say that Hardy is not A-lister after that. He singlehandedly made the movie watchable and convinced a lot of people that it's good, even though it's very bad. Venom proved that Hardy is a real movie star.

To be fair, it only has a high user rating on RT, which is now becoming the IMDb Message Boards of audience approval. I wouldn't put much stock into it these days.