Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

39 minutes ago, baumer said:

So that's about a 103% jump.  That's clearly a smallish jump when compared to other Marvel films on their second Friday.

Ultron:  146%

Avengers:  135%

Civil War:  140%

IM3:  159%

So take it for what you will.  

Thank you. The number is terrible and a surprise after the good weekday numbers.

Edited by Thrylos 7

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Thank you. The number is terrible and a surprise after the good weekday numbers.

It's going to be $455-460m through Sunday. There are no terrible numbers for a movie that has already racked up that kind of cash in 10 days. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

Somewhat disappointing Friday number for AIW. 

Let's hope Saturday will kick butt once more. 

The Friday number is simply too low for even a big Saturday increase to help it have really impressive second weekend. 

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

no the number is not terrible......  IW did nearly X2 the THU of AOU and civil war so imagine you are at 31 or 35 or 40 millions THU you can't jump 140%+ on friday not gonna happen burn a lot of demand during the week and like all family film it will rebound Today:)

there is a difference in doing 140% friday jump off a 8.4 8.5 THU than 140% off a 15.5 THU.....

• Like 11

I think the reason why IW had a lower Friday increase than the other Marvel mega hits is because its weekdays were quite a bit stronger than those other films. We'll see if Saturday increase is also muted or if it will be huge like it's the case with most MCU films. I'm leaning towards the latter.

• Like 5

Gitesh seems certain it’s going to $120m.

Am I crazy thinking more a 3.5x multiplier and $110m? 

As I keep saying, the numbers are massive and outstanding. The percentage drops are average. 

The drops are average due to the sheer scale this movie is playing at. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

That is a nice OD number and PTA for Overboard. I might even categorize it as surprising. I am not convinced it will increase today but the film is playing to an underserved market so it just might jump today.

I Feel Pretty is quietly doing nice numbers and is having a good sub 40% drop this weekend.

Mothers day next Sunday and Amy being on SNL next saturday could help next weekend. However, Life of the Party is going for the same audience. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, baumer said:

So that's about a 103% jump.  That's clearly a smallish jump when compared to other Marvel films on their second Friday.

Ultron:  146% (-74.9%)

Avengers:  135% (-63.8%)

Civil War:  140% (-74%)

IM3:  159% (-71.4%)

So take it for what you will.  

Added fri-fri drops. AIW is -70.4% so I think thanks to a very good Sat and Sun hold last weekend, all the following numbers came off a higher base and the fri-fri hold is better despite smaller Fri bump.

• Like 1