Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I have some buffoons , usually with James  Cameron avatars , on ignore so I don’t know what they post but , speaking for myself, I am not pretending, the Friday number legitimately shocked me, in a bad way. It’s like this was cruising fine and came to a sudden stop with that Friday number whose increase % over the Thursday one is a new low for recent marvel films and a huge new low at that.

I expected a bigger Friday but it's fine. It's not like it's pulling a BvS. I'm not accusing anyone of saying that it is by the way.

6 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I have some buffoons , usually with James  Cameron avatars , on ignore so I don’t know what they post but , speaking for myself, I am not pretending, the Friday number legitimately shocked me, in a bad way. It’s like this was cruising fine and came to a sudden stop with that Friday number whose increase % over the Thursday one is a new low for recent marvel films and a huge new low at that.

You would think I murdered this guys dog

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Infinity War still hasn't made 1 billion worldwide and people are already talking about a possible 2 billion worldwide number...Just calm down, folks. Just relax. :)

The 1 billion ww was probably happening while you were posting that. ;) 

• Haha 5

crr-crrrr-crrrrrrr-CRUMBLING :sparta:

Nah, not really, it's just the usual IT'S GONNA HIT 800M idiots jumping ship after they realized their ridiculous overshots. While the weekdays really suggested it wouldn't drop that harshly, a movie like IW had no business dropping sub-60% 2nd weekend and the fact that it will not do it - bar a HORRIBLE bump on Saturday - and come closer to 55%-53% is honestly amazing imo. Not to mention: 1) it's exactly the same bump that Black Panther had on 2nd Friday (.7M higher actually :ph34r:), and the two performed damn near identically on opening week (BP's Monday was made up with a harsher Tuesday drop), which indicates that IW will have a healthy Sat bump; and 2) it's still gonna be the biggest non-holiday 2nd weekend of all time and the 2nd biggest 2nd weekend of all time, so I dunno what the fuck any of the THIS DROP IS EMBARASSING trolltards are smoking.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

I never thought I'd see the day when Marvel fanboys are butting heads with James Cameron fanboys but alas it's 2018 so it would be most fitting 

The thing is that you say you dislike a movie and the reply is personal insults and I am too old for this shit , esp. after some pseudo racist shit that has been going on here in several occasions (disguised as bo analysis) , and I am bored in trying to win internet fights and exchanging insults so better not seeing some posts at all.

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 1

Official numbers are in.

This is what I am going. This is a weekend movie and today should have a super strong increase.

Friday - $31,428,000

Saturday - $52,139,052 (+65.9%)

Sunday - $38,947,871 (-25.3%)

Projected: $122,514,923 (-52.5%)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

crr-crrrr-crrrrrrr-CRUMBLING :sparta:

Nah, not really, it's just the usual IT'S GONNA HIT 800M idiots jumping ship after they realized their ridiculous overshots. While the weekdays really suggested it wouldn't drop that harshly, a movie like IW had no business dropping sub-60% 2nd weekend and the fact that it will not do it - bar a HORRIBLE bump on Saturday - and come closer to 55%-53% is honestly amazing imo. Not to mention: 1) it's exactly the same bump that Black Panther had on 2nd Friday (.7M higher actually :ph34r:), and the two performed damn near identically on opening week (BP's Monday was made up with a harsher Tuesday drop), which indicates that IW will have a healthy Sat bump; and 2) it's still gonna be the biggest non-holiday 2nd weekend of all time and the 2nd biggest 2nd weekend of all time, so I dunno what the fuck any of the THIS DROP IS EMBARASSING trolltards are smoking.

Its opening weekend and the way it unfolded , with “low” previews and record weekend numbers plus the way the movie was performing in the weekly dailies was showing signs for a huge second ow. Honestly posts like this are similar to the posts bashing all the people who were disappointed with IW preview numbet saying “a 225 million ow is great, it’s the dillusional people who thought that this was going to break the ow that are disappointed” and in the end it demolished the ow record. 

Edited by Thrylos 7

20 minutes ago, Nova said:

I never thought I'd see the day when Marvel fanboys are butting heads with James Cameron fanboys but alas it's 2018 so it would be most fitting 

First star wars people. Now marvel. People always get butthurt when they can't beat Avatar

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Another awesome number for Avengers. Force Awakens's second weekend record is such a lopsided number that "only" getting the second biggest second weekend after claiming the opening record is a noteworthy accomplishment.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Its opening weekend and the way it unfolded , with “low” previews and record weekend numbers plus the way the movie was performing in the weekly dailies was showing signs for a huge second ow. Honestly posts like this are similar to the posts bashing all the people who were disappointed with IW preview numbet saying “a 225 million ow is great, it’s the dillusional people who thought that this was going to break the ow that are disappointed” and in the end it demolished the IW record. 

"It was showing signs" That doesn't mean that there was a 100% chance of it happening, amirite mate? You know what also had signs of happening? The Last Jedi over 650M, considering it had the Holidays in front of it. Didn't happen, though.

If it drops 55% this weekend, that's a much better hold than Ultron and Civil War, which had much smaller OW's to begin with, and it's also the 2nd lowest drop for any MCU sequel, behind Thor: Ragnarok which had its 2nd weekend in a fucking holiday. GOTG V2, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Winter Soldier, Dark World and the other two that I mentioned all had worse drops than that. And considering that this is Part 19 of the franchise and it borrows from all of the other movies knowledge-wise, that is stunning. The only way in which that is a disappointing hold is if you expected it to go sub-50%. And the aforementioned Ragnarok didn't do that with a holiday; neither did the original Avengers. Why would Infinity War, again?

Also, if you're so relaxed about IW pulling exactly the same as what happened last week through a bombastic Saturday (which could happen), why are you crying about its Friday to begin with? :sparta:

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 5

Considering a year ago I was unsure if IW was going to hit AOU's 459M DOM and it is about to do it in 10-11 days I'd say the numbers are fantastic. Thinking of a 1.9-2.2b depending on how China does, huge!! Also the 2nd weekend drop (115-120M) seems fine to me, it just had the biggest opening of all time and the movie was supposed to be super frontloaded (I remember people were saying +60% drop was assured prior to its release). 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

"It was showing signs" That doesn't mean that there was a 100% chance of it happening, amirite mate? You know what also had signs of happening? The Last Jedi over 650M, considering it had the Holidays in front of it. Didn't happen, though.

If it drops 55% this weekend, that's a much better hold than Ultron and Civil War, which had much smaller OW's to begin with, and it's also the 2nd lowest drop for any MCU sequel, behind Thor: Ragnarok which had its 2nd weekend in a fucking holiday. GOTG V2, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Winter Soldier, Dark World and the other two that I mentioned all had worse drops than that. And considering that this is Part 19 of the franchise and it borrows from all of the other movies knowledge-wise, that is stunning. The only way in which that is a disappointing hold is if you expected it to go sub-50%. And the aforementioned Ragnarok didn't do that with a holiday; neither did the original Avengers. Why would Infinity War, again?

Also, if you're so relaxed about IW pulling exactly the same as what happened last week through a bombastic Saturday (which could happen), why are you crying about its Friday to begin with? :sparta:

First of all I am not crying, I am expressing my opinion as do you. Secondly the Friday number is simply too low for this to have the weekend number I THOUGHT it would have, even with a much increased Saturday number.

3 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

First of all I am not crying, I am expressing my opinion as do you. Secondly the Friday number is simply too low for this to have the weekend number I THOUGHT it would have, even with a much increased Saturday number.

Well don't leave us hanging- tell us what number you expected. 

• Like 1

The new 12plex by me just opened :ohmygod: They have IW on seven screens, Overboard, A Quiet Place, I Feel Pretty, Rampage, and Chappaquiddick (random choice lol). The first shows starting now haven't sold much, but considering they just opened yesterday, I guess that's fine? idk

• Like 2