Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

525d6443c4fdd780df735b08eb78a507.png

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU DISNEY

1. They had no idea how big BP was going to be.

2. They thought BP was going to lose most of it momentum in theaters after its 12-13th week/end.

3. They were thinking about capitalizing off of IW and using its momentum to renew interest for BP's Digital/Blueray release.

4. They underestimated and thought that the power of the Bleck Penthar would be stripped eway!😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

That huge drop both Os and DOM omg. I’m joining IronJimbo to become a little cameronster. Forget marvel.  If this doesn’t reach 2 billion WW it’s embarassing. 10 years of build up. 

You tell em' girl!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

IW could be challenging Titanic $2.18 B ww.

Avatar ww is too far, unless China explodes on 700-800M, what seems unlikely. 

$2 B WW is not locked yet, we have to wait the China opening numbers

Edited by raulbalarezo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see the jump ship crew also forgets that the overseas Opening Weekend will include days of play NOT in the weekend.... *eyeroll* it never has been an apples to apples comparison, but Friday as a whole are not the best days for OS grosses -Saturdays and Sundays are (particularly in some markets like Japan where S/S make the "weekend")

Also going to be a fantastic 2nd weekend - a new 2nd place (1st was NEVER an option) record and the possibility of a 2nd weekend over 120m (imagine that 10 years ago when Iron Man did 98m on the 1st weekend.)

Great stuff.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

That huge drop both Os and DOM omg. I’m joining IronJimbo to become a little cameronster. Forget marvel.  If this doesn’t reach 2 billion WW it’s embarassing. 10 years of build up. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9570360

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

wtf there's a 14 minute IW clip being recommended to me with almost 1M views; the account was taken down but not the video :ohmygod: 

i saw that. disney must be very worried that no one will see their movie with a crappy cam quality chopped up clip of it on youtube.

18 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I see the jump ship crew also forgets that the overseas Opening Weekend will include days of play NOT in the weekend.... *eyeroll* it never has been an apples to apples comparison, but Friday as a whole are not the best days for OS grosses -Saturdays and Sundays are (particularly in some markets like Japan where S/S make the "weekend")

Also going to be a fantastic 2nd weekend - a new 2nd place (1st was NEVER an option) record and the possibility of a 2nd weekend over 120m (imagine that 10 years ago when Iron Man did 98m on the 1st weekend.)

Great stuff.

People don’t seem to understand how overseas works in general. In fact its os drop is just fine and points towards an 150 million second weekend which would be less than 50% drop (last weekend was actually 285 million) with only around 15 million added from Russia, so around  52% “clear” drop. In comparison it’s better than the u.s one , in my opinion. Mind you movies like this, when no new markets are added , drop faster os than in the u.s usually. 

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

wtf there's a 14 minute IW clip being recommended to me with almost 1M views; the account was taken down but not the video :ohmygod: 

Yup saw that. Thankfully I’ve already seen the movie so no problem for me. The video is also cropped at many places for some reason

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

IW drop will be good. SOME need to stop pretending otherwise. Black Panther had great legs and IW will have good for a sequel legs. Marvel is happy.

I have some buffoons , usually with James  Cameron avatars , on ignore so I don’t know what they post but , speaking for myself, I am not pretending, the Friday number legitimately shocked me, in a bad way. It’s like this was cruising fine and came to a sudden stop with that Friday number whose increase % over the Thursday one is a new low for recent marvel films and a huge new low at that.

• Like 1