kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

Seems like it's totally up to Disney now whether or not it'll get the record. If it doesn't get it cleanly, it'll surely get close enough that a labor day relaunch (maybe with a post credits scene) would definitely take it over the top. However Avatar could of course take the crown back in 2020 with a rerelease to prep for A2.

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Infinity War did $30mn in 4th weekend FSS and $76mn approx afterwards. 

If EG clones the number of IW and add 76mn flat, it will hit 1296-1297.

If EG match IW legs and do 2.5x i.e. 90mn after this weekend for 1310 which will keep it in race with Avatar. 1st case is more likely.

to be honest according to your graph if it makes 1.300 os it will pass avatar

BOVN said that they lost data (some days) of EG during the opening weekend, so the actual total cume of course is higher than what they reported and only Disney/CGV now the actual number.

Back then, when Disney made an announcement about EG was already ~$10M in VN ( ~233B ₫), BOVN  reported ~202B ₫. So the gap should be ~30B ₫.

Edited by danhtruong5

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Infinity War did $30mn in 4th weekend FSS and $76mn approx afterwards. 

If EG clones the number of IW and add 76mn flat, it will hit 1296-1297.

If EG match IW legs and do 2.5x i.e. 90mn after this weekend for 1310 which will keep it in race with Avatar. 1st case is more likely.

I agree completely. Endgame will have much stronger competition than Infinity War had after its fourth weekend. Aladdin, Godzilla and X-Men will crush it legs, and China stops its run this Thursday. It will be extremely tough to cross $1.3B OS-China.

$2.775B is where I see Endgame's final worldwide number now.

It's not that BOVN data isn't accurate, simply incomplete. They have no access to local/provincial/independent cinemas all over the country. My rough calculations based on the OW reported by CGV and the BOVN equivalence and come up with around 15% more. That means 310B now.

However, i'm unsure if the ratio between major chains and independent ones stay the same through out the run. Even so, 300B should be passed already.

And that % will be different for each movie as showtimes distribution fluctuates.

Edited by nguyenkhoi282

26 minutes ago, Juby said:

I agree completely. Endgame will have much stronger competition than Infinity War had after its fourth weekend. Aladdin, Godzilla and X-Men will crush it legs, and China stops its run this Thursday. It will be extremely tough to cross $1.3B OS-China.

$2.775B is where I see Endgame's final worldwide number now.

Can you break down that $2.775B? Thank you

6 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I reckon top 3 perhaps.

Wait, which countries are in Europe in a box office definition.

Because I have a problem seeing any countries making up for the difference in the big three (Uk, Ger and France).

TFA vs Endgame in local currency:

UK: £123m vs £95m (-£28m ≈ -€32 (2019) / -€37 (Dec. 2015))

Ger: €102.5m vs €56m (-€46.5m)

France: €75m vs €54m (-€21m)

Spain: €33 vs €28m (-€5m)

Italy : €25.5m vs €30m (+€4.5m)

Sweden: SEK175m vs SEK115m 

Russia: 1.7B Rubel vs 2.95B Rubel

Was too lazy for the rest as all other markets are really small

The ER for pretty much every currency are somewhat, the big exception is the pound which lost quite a little bit and the Lira (Turkey) so that is a small market 

In the big three TFA grossed $373m vs $244m as possible final for Endgame ($129m difference!)

UK: $180m vs $122m (-$58m)

Ger: $111m vs $62m (-$49m)

France: $82m vs $60m (-$22m)

Russia: $26m vs $46m (+20m)

Spain: $36 vs $31m (-$5m) ($134m behind)

Italy: $28.5 vs 33.5m (+$5m)

Sweden: $21.35m vs $11.5m (-$10m)

Netherlands: $15.6m vs $15.8m (+$0.2m)

Austria: $9.4m vs $9m (-$0.4m)

Bulgaria: $2.35m vs. $1.5m (-$0.85m)

Croatia: $1.25m vs $1.2m (-$0.05m)

Czech Republic: $3.9m vs. $7m (

Denmark: $12m vs $10m (-$2m)

Finnland: $7.9m vs $5m (-$2.9m)

Greece: $3.4m vs $4.5m (+$1.1m)

Hungary: $6.5m vs $5m (-$1.5m) / total 388.4m for Endgame

Iceland: $0.9m vs $0.8m (-$0.1m

Lativa: $0.42m vs 

Lithuania: $0.56m vs $0.65m (+$0.09m)

Norway: $8.9m vs $8m ($-0.9m)

Poland: $16.7m vs $10.7m (-$6m)

Portugal: $3.9m vs $4.5m (+$0.6m)

Romania: $3.4m vs $3.4m (==

Sebia&Montenegro: $0.7m vs $1m (+$0.3m)

Slovakia: $1.1m vs $2m (+$0.9m

Slovenia: $0.58m vs $0.65m (+$0.07m)

Switzerland: $12.2m vs $9.2m (-$3m)

Turkey: $5.8m vs $8m (-$2.2m)

Ukraine: ??? vs $6.5m

For TFA $602m for Endgame 480m for Endgame, now which markets am I missing, cause their number is 13m higher but this includes the final grosses and not the grosses right now.

Or are they counting the middle east too, like UAE because they could explain part of the difference.

I know that other countries are missing here like Serbia, Moldova, Albania, Macedonia, Kosovo etc but they are all tiny.

So, if one counts the numbers without Uk, Ger and France:

TFA grossed $229m and Endgame would be slightly higher with $236m.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

@Tarusethwhere could you get these numbers of these Europe countries for EG after this weekend?

rough! estimates based on the gross up to either this or last weekend paired with how good weekend holds were and then some information from the threads on here, like Germany, France, Uk, Russia etc. have a thread were people have calculated a likely final gross for the movie.

EG can certainly out-gross Avatar. It's just has to stop dropping like a feather in a vacuum. I don't wanna get too emotionally invested in the possibility but it would be quite disappointing if it didn't get there after coming so close...